SWFUK

What a dick!!!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

What a dick!!!

Postby Robstyley » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 am

This isn't Star Wars but I thought I'd mention it because some people on ebay just fucking amaze me and it's the sort of thing I've had before with Star Wars. I was looking to buy some Nike Air trainers and messaged the guy for some more photos because there's fakes about and I know what to look for to make sure they're genuine. He'd posted one photo of both shoes sitting on the box from quite far away. These were the messages between us:

"Hi, I’m thinking of buying these. Can you please post some more close up photos of the tongue patch, side logo, back logo/plate and the sole. Cheers,"

"Hi, sorry what you see is what you get, you can zoom in on the picture, I don't get requests for more pictures to be fair, there has been no complaints from any of my customers, if you are in doubt or unsure whether to purchase my items you have the choice not to as I do not expect returns, once you have paid the item is yours so it's entirely up to you."

"Well that’s a rather strange and hostile reply. I’m obviously asking for some more photos because I can’t see exactly what I’m getting. There’s a lot of fakes about. I can tell if they’re genuine by the parts of the trainers I mentioned. If you can’t be bothered to post a couple more photos for me then you’re not a very good seller and you won’t be getting any business from me. And by the way, anyone can return your items within 14 days for any reason they like" :)

I just don't understand the mentality. What a dick!!!

EDIT:

Oh my life! I just got this back from him:

"For you information I don't accept returns can you read? No hostility my end pal and why would I want to sell to someone I clearly am am aware is insinuating I sell fake goods, I don't exactly know what you assume your going to purchase elsewhere for the price I sell for these retail at £120 a pair, and it's not the fact I can't be bothered to send more pictures its just you I won't send more to as I've already sussed you out and your assumptions as for that you pop along to j.d. Sports good luck and good day"
Last edited by Robstyley on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What a dick!!!

Postby lejackal » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:31 am

Complete twat. Either post plenty of pics to start with or take more?
The only time I begrudge more photos is when I’ve taken decent ones to start with and it’s basically a loose beater :lol:

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:56 am

Robstyley wrote:This isn't Star Wars but I thought I'd mention it because some people on ebay just fucking amaze me and it's the sort of thing I've had before with Star Wars. I was looking to buy some Nike Air trainers and messaged the guy for some more photos because there's fakes about and I know what to look for to make sure they're genuine. He'd posted one photo of both shoes sitting on the box from quite far away. These were the messages between us:

"Hi, I’m thinking of buying these. Can you please post some more close up photos of the tongue patch, side logo, back logo/plate and the sole. Cheers,"

"Hi, sorry what you see is what you get, you can zoom in on the picture, I don't get requests for more pictures to be fair, there has been no complaints from any of my customers, if you are in doubt or unsure whether to purchase my items you have the choice not to as I do not expect returns, once you have paid the item is yours so it's entirely up to you."

"Well that’s a rather strange and hostile reply. I’m obviously asking for some more photos because I can’t see exactly what I’m getting. There’s a lot of fakes about. I can tell if they’re genuine by the parts of the trainers I mentioned. If you can’t be bothered to post a couple more photos for me then you’re not a very good seller and you won’t be getting any business from me. And by the way, anyone can return your items within 14 days for any reason they like" :)

I just don't understand the mentality. What a dick!!!

honestly some people

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Complete nob jockey, so basically from his reply he might as well have said to you he's selling fakes lol.

I remember the once earlier this year I messaged a seller about a PS Vita, the screen looked okay in his photos but there was a bit of grubbiness and smudges on it so was difficult to tell if there were any scratches etc.

So I messaged politely saying i'm interested in buying it and asked if there are any scratches or marks on the screen because the screen looks a bit dirty and it's hard to tell, so he messaged back with "well get a cloth then and clean it or don't buy it"

Some right wankers out there! :evil:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:14 pm

He did you a favour being such a tosspot. Those type of sellers are definitely best avoided.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 pm

I take it you brought them then. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:44 pm

theforceuk wrote:I take it you brought them then. :lol:

What do you reckon? I would like to have poked them up the blokes arse :|

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Robstyley wrote:
theforceuk wrote:I take it you brought them then. :lol:

What do you reckon? I would like to have poked them up the blokes arse :|

That would be extra. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm

It always makes me laugh when people waste more time arguing than it would have taken to just do what you asked in the first place.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

I know, it’s just daft. I sent no more messages after that, I can’t be bothered wasting my time on idiots. There’s a million other pairs of sneakers out there.

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Robstyley wrote:I know, it’s just daft. I sent no more messages after that, I can’t be bothered wasting my time on idiots. There’s a million other pairs of sneakers out there.

Good for you buddy. It's so easy to get tied up into a negative situation. You did the right thing, they aren't worth another moment of your time.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:24 pm

What an idiot! Not only has he lost a perfectly good sale (if the trainers are indeed genuine), he also apparently cares not at all about his reputation. I hope you reveal his seller ID so we can all avoid buying from him; he certainly deserves to lose a lot of customers!

Out of interest, what is his feedback like? With that stinking attitude, it should be piss-poor!

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Snaketibe wrote:What an idiot! Not only has he lost a perfectly good sale (if the trainers are indeed genuine), he also apparently cares not at all about his reputation. I hope you reveal his seller ID so we can all avoid buying from him; he certainly deserves to lose a lot of customers!

Out of interest, what is his feedback like? With that stinking attitude, it should be piss-poor!

Exactly. I would have bought the trainers for (£50) asking price if he'd just posted a photo of the tongue. I wasn't insinuating he was selling fakes, I was just asking if I could check they are not fakes. There's a difference. I think his feedback is good. Sure, his seller name is; dachamberlain1972
I just bought a nicer pair of trainers today for £40 :D

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:03 pm

The world is full of Fuck wits, a lot of people go out of their way to be deliberately nasty and obstructive.

I have learned to rise above these twats and just smile and wave :lol: :lol:
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Return to “Ebay Listings”