SWFUK

Something a bit fishy...

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
User avatar
TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Something a bit fishy...

Postby TK-7785 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Call me a suspicious Simon, but I think we have a scam artist at work here. The listing has lifted image and description straight from Vectis' website from their 28th Nov auction. Hopefully it's a just a case of someone selling the lot that they won and being lazy with the listing's specifics. But their selling record seems to be more of a market trader/business type.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palitoy-General-Mills-Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Tri-logo-vintage/163478090060?hash=item26100db14c:g:k9MAAOSwZqlcNe3k
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2853
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby tigerham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Call me a suspicious Simon, but I think we have a scam artist at work here. The listing has lifted image and description straight from Vectis' website from their 28th Nov auction. Hopefully it's a just a case of someone selling the lot that they won and being lazy with the listing's specifics. But their selling record seems to be more of a market trader/business type.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palitoy-General-Mills-Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Tri-logo-vintage/163478090060?hash=item26100db14c:g:k9MAAOSwZqlcNe3k


Good call Chris, see what happens. Have you messaged them stating that the image is from Vectis and why they haven't uploaded their own?

User avatar
TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby TK-7785 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm

I have, Ham. I don't particularly expect a response but we shall see. I suspect the account may have been hacked as looking through their feedback there has been no activity in sales for over a year.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2853
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby tigerham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm

TK-7785 wrote:I have, Ham. I don't particularly expect a response but we shall see. I suspect the account may have been hacked as looking through their feedback there has been no activity in sales for over a year.


Ah ok, and have you reported it to eBay?

User avatar
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3261
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby StarWarsFan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Dodgy

User avatar
TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby TK-7785 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:17 pm

tigerham wrote:
TK-7785 wrote:I have, Ham. I don't particularly expect a response but we shall see. I suspect the account may have been hacked as looking through their feedback there has been no activity in sales for over a year.


Ah ok, and have you reported it to eBay?


Sure have! :wink: The dodgy bar steward.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2853
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Something a bit fishy...

Postby tigerham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:22 pm

TK-7785 wrote:
tigerham wrote:
TK-7785 wrote:I have, Ham. I don't particularly expect a response but we shall see. I suspect the account may have been hacked as looking through their feedback there has been no activity in sales for over a year.


Ah ok, and have you reported it to eBay?


Sure have! :wink: The dodgy bar steward.


Nice work! :)


Return to “Ebay Listings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests