SWFUK

Offers

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Offers

Postby lejackal » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 pm

This isn’t SW related but I just found a game I want on eBay and it’s £10 or make an offer. Being honest I’m perfectly fine at £10 but having the offer option implies that there may be a bit of wiggle room, well, I thought it did.
1st offer of 7 is auto declined, not a problem, I’m being cheeky as well as tight. Same on 8, again fair enough to not take 20% off but when it also auto declined 9 you have to wonder what exactly is the fucking point of inviting offers :?:
Anyway, rant over.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Offers

Postby StarWarsFan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:32 pm

lejackal wrote:This isn’t SW related but I just found a game I want on eBay and it’s £10 or make an offer. Being honest I’m perfectly fine at £10 but having the offer option implies that there may be a bit of wiggle room, well, I thought it did.
1st offer of 7 is auto declined, not a problem, I’m being cheeky as well as tight. Same on 8, again fair enough to not take 20% off but when it also auto declined 9 you have to wonder what exactly is the fucking point of inviting offers :?:
Anyway, rant over.

lol makes you feel any better had an offer today that was more then the asking price lol.

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 pm

I've had this a few times. Is it 'Buy It Now' at £10 or starting bids at £10? Because if it's buy it now I really can't see what the fuck they were thinking. Like you would offer higher than the Buy It Now. :roll:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Isn’t this a new eBay “thing” where best offer is auto selected on all auctions?

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby lejackal » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm

TK-7785 wrote:I've had this a few times. Is it 'Buy It Now' at £10 or starting bids at £10? Because if it's buy it now I really can't see what the fuck they were thinking. Like you would offer higher than the Buy It Now. :roll:

BIN, like you say, it makes no sense.

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 pm

I had this loads last year when I was blitzing vintage games. I think I got declined on a £9.50 offer for a £10 BIN. It wasn’t a bad deal at a tenner but I didn’t buy it cos the guy was being such a dick.

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:59 am

It actually puts me off buying items. If it's listed £10 BIN, without make an offer, I would probably pull the trigger on it. But when it has make an offer, and it declines at £9, I'm like fu*k you... I won't buy it full stop.

punk_pat
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby punk_pat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

This is likely to be eBay's fault rather than the sellers

They have introduced this new feature where they turn on 'best offer' if your BIN listing hasn't sold within a few days. It's the most infuriating eBay change I can remember.

With cheap stuff like this, I think haggling just pisses people off. I tend to only list cheap stuff I have bulk of on there now. When someone offers me £2.50 on a £4.99 purchase :shock:

God bless eBay

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm

I got this email today asking if I wanted to reduce the price of these items, I'm virtually giving them away :lol:
Screenshot_2019-01-23-16-41-43.png
Screenshot_2019-01-23-16-41-43.png (209.89 KiB) Viewed 338 times
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:44 pm

punk_pat wrote:This is likely to be eBay's fault rather than the sellers

They have introduced this new feature where they turn on 'best offer' if your BIN listing hasn't sold within a few days. It's the most infuriating eBay change I can remember.

With cheap stuff like this, I think haggling just pisses people off. I tend to only list cheap stuff I have bulk of on there now. When someone offers me £2.50 on a £4.99 purchase :shock:

God bless eBay

Haggling on cheap stuff might piss people off but if the option is there then I’m certainly going to try and save a bit. In this instance I’m confident the seller set it up as eBay would not apply something only to have an auto decline in place, would they?

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:I got this email today asking if I wanted to reduce the price of these items, I'm virtually giving them away :lol:
Screenshot_2019-01-23-16-41-43.png

Yep, eBay couldn’t give a fuck how much you get as long as they get some commission

punk_pat
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby punk_pat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:46 pm

lejackal wrote:
punk_pat wrote:This is likely to be eBay's fault rather than the sellers

God bless eBay

Haggling on cheap stuff might piss people off but if the option is there then I’m certainly going to try and save a bit. In this instance I’m confident the seller set it up as eBay would not apply something only to have an auto decline in place, would they?

Good point - I think when they've done it to my listings, they put an auto-decline figure as being under 50% of the asking price.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm

had the same offered less than 10%. less declind wtf seems like tyey want minimum + to get best offe r :roll:

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Ain't nothing wrong with a bit of haggling. If someone puts that option on their listing, be ready to haggle. I only get pissed off with the people who offer me £20 for something listed at £100. Haggling isn't rocket science, but some people seem to struggle with the concept. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Ain't nothing wrong with a bit of haggling. If someone puts that option on their listing, be ready to haggle. I only get pissed off with the people who offer me £20 for something listed at £100. Haggling isn't rocket science, but some people seem to struggle with the concept. :lol:

I agree that some idiots put in stupid bids knowing full well that it's going to piss you off. I always like to haggle a little bit but not be cheeky :lol: we all need to make a little bit on something and passing on a bit of goodwill to our fellow collectors is good karma :wink:
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Return to “Ebay Listings”