Odd behaviour

poncho

Grand Master
Bought something the other night about 9.30pm saturday i think

The seller then marks despatched not long after about 10pm royal mail 2nd class

Why would you do that because the earliest would monday AM the seller could do it

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I never mark as despatched until I have got back from the Post Office with proof of postage as you never no what can happen in your day. :lol:

Seems odd marking as despatched so soon, if he did post it first thing Monday you should get it tomorrow or Thursday.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Very strange, I also mark as dispatched when I get back in the car from posting anything.

lejackal

Grand Master
My local PO is in a One Stop convenience store and is open until 10pm every day so it is feasible, although unlikely, that it was sent then. They could have also bought postage online and then marked as dispatched for their own peace of mind?
I wouldn't worry unless you don't receive it.

poncho

Grand Master
lejackal said:
My local PO is in a One Stop convenience store and is open until 10pm every day so it is feasible, although unlikely, that it was sent then. They could have also bought postage online and then marked as dispatched for their own peace of mind?
I wouldn't worry unless you don't receive it.
Good point c

Crumm

Padawan
I have had this before.

My item was marked as dispatched on a Sunday evening.

It did turn up so hopefully you will be ok.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
As others have said some post offices associated with shops are open late in the evening and on Sundays. It will be marked on the system, you will receive a receipt and proof of postage even if the item is not physically posted until the next postal service. Alternatively, if you dispatch items yourself as mentioned it will be recorded by eBay as soon as the order number is generated. I would not worry.

Lindo

Sith Lord
I always mark as dispatched once ive got the address, keeps me right, I would assume others will do the same

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom