Vintage Palitoy cardboard Death Star set

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcomes folks - as for the name, am pretty sure it came out of a drunken conversation with the wife, but as with all things drunk & conversational, the memory is rather transient...

burnsy

Sith Lord
Is that her pet name for you then? :wink: :lol:

What's your collecting history and or any focus your working on??

A

Anonymous

No great collecting history other than a pretty big childhood collection (God bless those doting grandparents) which I was, on reflection, unbearably anal about....I still twitch at the thought of blue blasters rather than black. As age and employment brought more £, I picked up a few nice pieces or items I missed out on as a kid and still have, 30+ years on, that certain 'wow' factor for me - but I guess that's not an unrecognised feeling for anyone here.

Sold off most of collection bar items special to me few years ago as, so now I just keep an eye out for anything that tugs on the memories. Bring on the mid life crisis.

I don't know if it's a swear word (words?) round here, but Lego Star Wars does combine my twin loves, Eps IV-VI only though, none of this prequels or expanded Universe tosh for me. Just need to convince the family to let me get the new Lego Death Star....the blast doors move for pity's sake - what more excuse do I need?!
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10188&cn=416&d=322

burnsy

Sith Lord
Ha ha, a fellow lego man. **** I love the stuff. Like you I prefer the older sets.

I have quite a nice collection of unopened sets including a Cloud City set which is pride and place of the collection. Trouble is I just want to build the bastards. A friend has the falcon and it is truly an awesome piece.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom