Some Modern MOC & Boxed for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Have you got permission from rebelscum to use there pictures in your auctions?

Only asking because my understanding is that its a big no no. Plus it could hamper your bids if people cant see the condition of the actual items your selling.

If you click edit on your other duplicate post then you can blank it all out.

Good luck with your sales!

marky242

Padawan
I've asked about this before and I always state where I get my pictures from in my auction. I've never had a problem before and have sold lots of stuff. The stuff I'm selling isn't exactly high end stuff. If I was selling vintage stuff I would take my own pics to show condition..

Thanks for the good luck message - I need to shift loads of stuff in the next month or so!

AndyG

Jedi Knight
I don't bid on peoples auctions that use photos stolen from RS or anywhere else for that matter. Most of the time I wil not even check out the auction if I recognise the photo in the listing thumbnail.

Maybe others do the same?

Just a thought...........

marky242

Padawan
As I've stated already - the photos I'm using are not of high end items - I'm not pulling the wool over anyones eyes (my feedback is proof that people are satisfied with what i sell!!). Also, I do state where my pic has come from - I am NOT trying to pass this off as my own pic of the piece that is being sold! If you read my auction description I plainly state that the pic is from Rebelscum.

If there were any flaws on the item that I was selling then I would make reference to it in the auction description.

All I am trying to do is clear a lot of modern stuff out of the house as I need space. It's not as if I'm trying to pass of vintage recards as MOC!!!!

If anyone does not like anything about my auction then don't bid!!!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
marky242 said:
As I've stated already - the photos I'm using are not of high end items - I'm not pulling the wool over anyones eyes (my feedback is proof that people are satisfied with what i sell!!). Also, I do state where my pic has come from - I am NOT trying to pass this off as my own pic of the piece that is being sold! If you read my auction description I plainly state that the pic is from Rebelscum.

If there were any flaws on the item that I was selling then I would make reference to it in the auction description.

All I am trying to do is clear a lot of modern stuff out of the house as I need space. It's not as if I'm trying to pass of vintage recards as MOC!!!!

If anyone does not like anything about my auction then don't bid!!!

People are only trying to give you some friendly advice!

At the end of the day the Rebelscum (of which some of us here are members) pictures have copyrights so you could cause yourself some problems if you haven't sought there permission.

It is common courtsey and a possibly a legal requirement to gain permission to use copyrighted pictures.

Andy's point is very valid many buyers will turn away from any auction using other peoples pictures we are saying that for your benefit as a seller not to have a go at you.

marky242

Padawan
I had already said that it had been okayed - I posted on a thread a while ago that someone had started about someone passing off pics as their own for dishonest reasons and said that I had done the same but always made reference to where the pics came from. I was told by a mod that this was fine.
If anything I'm actually advertising rebelscum as it's not as if it is hidden in small writing or anything.

As I have stated numerous times - I am not selling high-end items. I'm not trying to scam anyone. I have not STOLEN pics (which is the comment that sent me off on my previous rant) All I am trying to do is clear a lot of modern stuff I have no space for! I don't expect to get rich off of these sales!

marky242

Padawan
I wasn't 'getting an arse' I can take friendly advice but when folk go on about STEALING then its a bit much. I do not know how anyone could take any of my auctions the wrong way. I have been selling on ebay for years without any problems.

Wish I hadn't posted this on here now.

Bollux

Grand Master
marky242 said:
I wasn't 'getting an arse' I can take friendly advice but when folk go on about STEALING then its a bit much. I do not know how anyone could take any of my auctions the wrong way. I have been selling on ebay for years without any problems.

Wish I hadn't posted this on here now.

I am beginning to feel the same way too!

I would never buy anything that used "stock" photo's like your auctions do, its a personal opinion, but one that seems to be shared by a few on here.

Just think of how many buyers may be "turned off" from your listings because you haven't bothered to take photo's of the actual items. You state that they are not "high end" items and thats fine but its still someones money and they would rather see what they are actually paying for rather than a picture of something that somebody else owns.

marky242

Padawan
FFS - I am not a scammer. I am NOT trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I've dealt with hundreds of people on ebay. Rebelscum and even Gustie on here and have never had a problem with anyone.

It's nice when someone who doesn't even know me can make a statement like that. Tell me where the scamming is taking place??? Where I did use Rebelscum pics I made sure it was written in BOLD where the pic comes from. I do not have a decent cam at the moment. If this hurts my auctions then surely that is my problem???

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
This was one of his auction links he has deleted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-SAGA-A-Wing-Pilot-Boxed_W0QQitemZ200297407615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item200297407615&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

His ebay i.d is markymarkmcc Highlighted for the totally wrong attitude rather than been an scammer.

I cant understand someone been arsey like that when people have gone out of there way to help him :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The only risk I see is that with ebay being in the buyers favor these days, that when someone does buy an item looking at your stock pictures and It doesnt meet their expectations..They will have an easy paypal claim on you and leave you negs to boot. As far as were you got the pictures from it really matters less, as rebel scum has no more legal power or money than a normal individual would have.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
marky242 said:
FFS - I am not a scammer. I am NOT trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I've dealt with hundreds of people on ebay. Rebelscum and even Gustie on here and have never had a problem with anyone.

It's nice when someone who doesn't even know me can make a statement like that. Tell me where the scamming is taking place??? Where I did use Rebelscum pics I made sure it was written in BOLD where the pic comes from.

A, Deleting your post like that is the action a scammer would take so thats probably the source of the comment. Why delete it unless your hiding something?

B, As far as Rebelscum goes its seems like you haven't gained their permission to use the specific pictures.

marky242 said:
I do not have a decent cam at the moment. If this hurts my auctions then surely that is my problem???

Yes its your problem (Not Rebelscums BTW) but we are a tight nit community and were trying to look out for you some with some friendly advice that may even boost your sales yet you were the one that became all arsey and defensive that why you got the response you did.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
The only risk I see is that with ebay being in the buyers favor these days, that when someone does buy an item looking at your stock pictures and It doesnt meet their expectations..They will have an easy paypal claim on you and leave you negs to boot.

Another sound piece of advice from Todd.

Thats all people were trying to do in the first place.

marky242

Padawan
I wasn't being arsey with you jaymassive619 (and I apologise if you felt I was)- i took your point and replied to you. The only time I got arsey was when someone accused me of stealing pics and then when bollux basically called me a scammer. I do not steal or scam. If I did then I certainly would pick better stuff to scam people with!!

Considering some of the things members on here have got up to then I do not see why I am being attacked the way I am. Everything is explained in the auction with nothing hidden away in smaller writing or at the bottom of the auction description.

If someone buys something from me and its not as stated then I would refund them as it states in all my auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom