2 bids

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
how come the same person can bid twice on one off your items at the starting price ,does it mean he has bid start price then put a higher bid in

marky242

Padawan
It means he has upped his starting bid ie if his starting bid was £1.50 and then he put a second bid in of £3 but your item started at 99p then he would only show a bid of 99p until someone else bid. If they bid say £1.10 he would still be leading with his first bid. If they bid say £1.80 then he would then be shown in the bidding history to have been outbid on his first amount but still leading due to his 2nd.

Hopefully that clears it up for you!! :?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
marky242 said:
It means he has upped his starting bid ie if his starting bid was £1.50 and then he put a second bid in of £3 but your item started at 99p then he would only show a bid of 99p until someone else bid. If they bid say £1.10 he would still be leading with his first bid. If they bid say £1.80 then he would then be shown in the bidding history to have been outbid on his first amount but still leading due to his 2nd.

thats what i thought ,but ebay shouldnt allow this as i now could get someone/another account to put a bid on it as i know its gonna shove price up

Joe

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
marky242 said:

thats what i thought ,but ebay shouldnt allow this as i now could get someone/another account to put a bid on it as i know its gonna shove price up

Well you could but at the end of the day if you push his price to the max then that price should be what he was willing to pay for it anyways..

Some people are stupid and stick £10 on £5 figures then get pissed off that they won it for £9 but if you aren't prepared to pay whatever you bid, tough!

I am not suggesting you start pushing up the bids with a fake account but in THEORY you could, and we all know it does happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom