What do you guys think? *updated - sold 3 times in a row!

Joe

Grand Master
Ok, some of you may know I was interested in getting a coin offer 8D8 off of ebay recently that all went a bit wrong.. if not here is the quick story:

Original listing had a starting bid of $20 and a BIN of $25...I asked if the seller would ship to me and he got a bit arsey and said he couldn't say without a quote as he didn't want to be out of pocket (I went to the usps site and got him the info myself AND sent him the link to another MOC auction offering the exact same postage costs to Romania..)

In the end he stopped replying and it was bought at the BIN price..

2 weeks later, and there it is again..
I speak to him once more, and he finally agrees on a price for shipping, for whatever reason some fool bid it up to $47 dollars after I stuck a bid on it and it sold for that.

Now its up again for $22 and no BIN..WTF?!

I must admit I let the "want" for this item fool me into actually thinking about dealing with this guy but I am so glad I got outbid, I really don't know what to think, he hasn't left any feedback from the previous two or received any..

Fishy or just non paying bidders??

FWIW he is a bit of a knob anyway.

Joe

Grand Master
No idea, low feedback users won but couldn't tell you the whole bid history!

Seems fishy to me but all this over a few $? It isn't the most expensive item in the world..

spoons

Grand Master
there will be another one - leave this one.

If you did end up buying it, he'd probably send it in a jiffy bag

Joe

Grand Master
Yep you are right Spoons, you know when you get that urge to buy something , regardless, I kind of throw my common sense out the window, and its not even that good! :roll:

Just missed out on so many ! (My ebay track record is pants!)

:mrgreen:

spoons

Grand Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
Yep you are right Spoons, you know when you get that urge to buy something , regardless, I kind of throw my common sense out the window, and its not even that good! :roll:

Just missed out on so many ! (My ebay track record is pants!)

:mrgreen:

it's because you don't pay for snipes :p

spoons

Grand Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
LOL! Touche! :mrgreen:

actually I've missed out on everything I've bid for recently - but thats probably a good thing :D

Joe

Grand Master
http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_seller_history_tool.html?gsl_username=rokkroller&gsl_days=90&gsl_include=sold&gsl_show_buyers=on&gsl_submit=&gsl_submit.x=13&gsl_submit.y=8

If nothing else (i.e no scam behaviour) it shows how at different times with different bidders even pretty run of the mill items can sell for pretty different prices!

Sold on the 11th Jan for £17.42

Sold on the 28th Jan for £32.74

Sold on the 12th Feb for £20.20
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
AndyG said:
The bubble looks a strange shape along the lower margin?

Looks ok to me, it had a bit of a bad crease running underneath the bubble but the bubble itself looked ok?

Here is another picture:

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Another coin offer 8d8 on evilbay but the bubble is a bit on the yellow side lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-ROJ-8D8-3-3-4-FIGURE-MIP_W0QQitemZ290264703337QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item290264703337&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom