Header image

FAKES..

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Someone's gonna get burnt...

Postby Palifan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:36 pm

That really is an amazing MOC, shame there's a slight bubble crush in the stem but someone could get a real bargain here. I love how shiny the cape is as well on this example, this must add some extra value to it as you tend to only see this on repro ones :roll:

Ian

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Palifan wrote:

That really is an amazing MOC, shame there's a slight bubble crush in the stem but someone could get a real bargain here. I love how shiny the cape is as well on this example, this must add some extra value to it as you tend to only see this on repro ones :roll:

Ian

I was going to say nice shine, shame the card hasn't the same. And the colour of the cape... what a match.

At the end of the day if someone's got that much to spend on a MOC then surely they'll know what to look out for, unless of course, it's a shilling situation. :)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm

tigerham wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

I was going to say nice shine, shame the card hasn't the same. And the colour of the cape... what a match.

At the end of the day if someone's got that much to spend on a MOC then surely they'll know what to look out for, unless of course, it's a shilling situation. :)

I thought I'd make the seller's day by sending them this message (complete with American spellings, just in case proper English is too confusing for him ;-)):

Hi,

In the spirit of trying to do you a favor, let me be as clear as I can. You know as well as I do that this is a reproduction card, and NOT a vintage original. The winning bidder is going to be furious with you when you send him this cheap and nasty fake, so why don't you do the honorable thing and cancel the listing before you have to pay them their money back and you receive well-earned negative feedback?

The hole punch is wrong, the card print quality is wrong, the footer is wrong, the blister is wrong, the gun is repro and therefore wrong, and above all, the 'vinyl' cape is laughably poor and of course therefore, very, VERY wrong. Make no mistake, this card is a FAKE.

And in the unlikely event that you don't believe what I have just said, perhaps you will remember this email once you hear back from the extremely unhappy winning bidder of this auction.

Thank you.

:-D

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: FAKES..

Postby tigerham » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Nice work Snaketibe.

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm

mother fucker

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

sparkysx wrote:mother fucker

I hope you're talking about the seller! ;-)

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Snaketibe wrote:

:lol:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

I hope the seller gets a nice juicy negative, for being the cuntiest of all cunts!
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
tigerham wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

I thought I'd make the seller's day by sending them this message (complete with American spellings, just in case proper English is too confusing for him ;-)):

Hi,

In the spirit of trying to do you a favor, let me be as clear as I can. You know as well as I do that this is a reproduction card, and NOT a vintage original. The winning bidder is going to be furious with you when you send him this cheap and nasty fake, so why don't you do the honorable thing and cancel the listing before you have to pay them their money back and you receive well-earned negative feedback?

The hole punch is wrong, the card print quality is wrong, the footer is wrong, the blister is wrong, the gun is repro and therefore wrong, and above all, the 'vinyl' cape is laughably poor and of course therefore, very, VERY wrong. Make no mistake, this card is a FAKE.

And in the unlikely event that you don't believe what I have just said, perhaps you will remember this email once you hear back from the extremely unhappy winning bidder of this auction.

Thank you.

:-D

You can say what you want but I know it's real and I'm not pulling my listing (nice one by the way!) :D

Ian

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Snaketibe wrote:

thought that was obvious

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm

sparkysx wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:

thought that was obvious

It was indeed, my friend :-). Sorry, I couldn't resist going for the comedy response. I'm not really that thick... honest! :lol:

Now I also have news! The seller responded to my email with this prize piece of bullshit:

Reply.jpg

Hmmm... do we believe him? :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 pm

pass it on? wtf is he talking about?

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Quite! Pass it on to himself perhaps? Or is he trying to convince me that he'll pass the info on to the winning bidder?... Yeah, right!

Regardless, hopefully the seller will get his comeuppance in the form of having to refund the winner's money and receiving some nice negative feedback :-D

Return to “Ebay Listings”