Header image

U grade piss takes

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Re: U grade piss takes

Postby itfciain » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:25 pm

I would think it could be Ugraded from a sealed box so wouldn't have to come from a shipping container - although you never know with some people
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:So this is what happens to sealed vectis shipping containers I guess. It looks fucking crap. How the fuck can this be u graded untouched by human hand when the fucking pleb at Afa would have had to put it together.

I hope the spring releases the parts when it gets shipped and they end up with a box of bits.

That would be perfect :)

What a completely moronic thing to do. Saw a sealed Speeder Bike at FF for £60. What tool would a) waste their time getting this done? And b) be deluded enough to think it would sell for anything like 3 figures?

This makes AFA look as stupid as the seller, in my book. Morons all round.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:22 am

Nutter :shock:
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

r2isamale
New User
New User

Postby r2isamale » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:49 am

Is U-grading of mailers also frowned upon. Just bought this guy and would like to know if it is ok or if that puts me in bad standing!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:36 pm

It's up to you buddy , personally if it was sealed I wouldn't have opened it , after 30 years to put it in a plastic box

:shock:
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

r2isamale
New User
New User

Postby r2isamale » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:42 pm

I can appeciate that Steve,

However, a sealed cardboard mailer is not very interesting to look at :)

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:18 pm

There are many examples of this already opened, so to open this one up was not necessary.

r2isamale
New User
New User

Postby r2isamale » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Just to make things clear. I did not do it.

Cheers from Copenhagen

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 pm

I guess if it was already that way, no harm on your part then (Not that I would ever buy a U graded figure, but I will leave it at that). I can say that If you would have had this done, you would have most likely been roasted on here.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:40 pm

I don't agree with this really but I'm just stuck in my ways. Some people would say that buying it U graded is as bad as getting it U graded. As your putting money in the U graders pockets. The thing is with this for me which is what I struggle with is before it was just a cardboard box that we new had Vader sealed in it. Now I'm saying it should have been kept like that as it's a part of vintage Star Wars toy history. But in a way I'm just complaining about a bit of tape being cut? Does it matter that it's not sealed any more? The contents are still preserved and it now displays like a piece of toy history?

Just to make my stance on this clear if this was in my collection it would not get opened. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:35 am

theforceuk wrote:I don't agree with this really but I'm just stuck in my ways. Some people would say that buying it U graded is as bad as getting it U graded. As your putting money in the U graders pockets. The thing is with this for me which is what I struggle with is before it was just a cardboard box that we new had Vader sealed in it. Now I'm saying it should have been kept like that as it's a part of vintage Star Wars toy history. But in a way I'm just complaining about a bit of tape being cut? Does it matter that it's not sealed any more? The contents are still preserved and it now displays like a piece of toy history?

Just to make my stance on this clear if this was in my collection it would not get opened. :)

Agree word-for-word with you. I too wouldn't have opened it but do struggle to comprehend the value placed on a piece of tape. And I'd also not buy a u-graded item.

If ever a u-grade was more nonsensical it's on mailer grading: of course it's unplayed with: it's on a goddam plastic bag! Would an open box but sealed bag mailer not be given a u-grade? In which case in reserving the u-grade for the sealed box mailer the imbecilic AFA are awarding the plastic bag the u-grade, not the figure. What a ridiculous turd burger.

Captainsolo1978
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Captainsolo1978 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Some tool on eBay is selling a u-graded Yak Face along with card and attached bubble. The description says the figure was cut out the dented bubble. What a tool. Shame on AFA.

Return to “Ebay Listings”