A good deal or an expensive mistake?

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
I have been watching this lot all week and actually bid on them but retracted it after getting cold feet. I couldn't help but start to think repro after close study of the pics.
Now it has ended did I do the right thing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170371864729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Joe

Grand Master
Not that I am an expert on bubble types on early cards but I did see this auction and think they all look a little "fresh" and very ..I don't know...fake? LOL

I think only time will tell when the feedback is left for these , hopefully they went to someone who knows a bit about the hobby and can tell.

Judging by the end price I would imagine lot's of people had major doubts as well.

I wouldn't worry, I don't think its an entirely legit auction

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Not that I am an expert on bubble types on early cards but I did see this auction and think they all look a little "fresh" and very ..I don't know...fake? LOL

I'm no expert by any means either. Two things bothered me...

1. Some of the bubbles looked too wide, and...
2. Some of the punch holes looked too central.

I suppose any doubt starts ringing alarm bells and my bells started ringing :lol:

Time will tell.

Joe

Grand Master
Definitely check back in a week to see what kind of feedback the seller got..

I think they deserve an 8 out of 10 on the alarm bell scale :lol:

Grant

Sith Lord
I think mostly they are all fakes. Check out Snags bubble it looks like an R2 bubble. Not to mention the bubble the Tie pilot is in. It looks like a reseal to me but i could be totally wrong. I hope not for the buyer anyway.

Grant.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Oh, yeah, and one more thing I picked up on after looking at other original figs on the net - The front Kenner Logo on the Luke X-Wing is in a different position. Now that could be legit depending on the cardback issue but I couldn't find any pics of it in the same place.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
i saw this one and thought to myself how many shops have vintage carded figures for sale in them,none that i know of,don't know if you lads have ever seen any,but i aint.

plantman

Sith Lord
They just dont look right do they, if i had seen the auction i wuld have bid though, i dont care, if they are reproduction you just get your money back.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Interesting - listed again with less info and pics than before.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-STAR-WARS-FIGURES_W0QQitemZ170376544002QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item27ab3bbf02&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Dodgy!!!!!

Previous auction was made 'private' and feedback on a private listing has been left two days after auction ended. Double dodgy!!!!

Joe

Grand Master
Dodge city ;) Anything that is too good to be true...

Hope it doesn't land a real buyer next time.. shame you can't see who is bidding any more, warning people was so much easier in the old days :(

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Hope it doesn't land a real buyer next time.. shame you can't see who is bidding any more, warning people was so much easier in the old days :(

Hidden user i.d's serve one purpose to allow more shill bidding which = more fee's for eBay.

One of the worst moves they ever made imo.

Kneon Light

Padawan
I saw this auction and asked questions about the bubbles (whether they had waffle pattern etc).
He said he could not answer as they were already wrapped up ready to post.

Very Very Dodgy!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jaymassive619 said:
Hidden user i.d's serve one purpose to allow more shill bidding which = more fee's for eBay.

One of the worst moves they ever made imo.

Now that's a big statement, Ebay have made that many stupid/non sensical ****ing decisions in the last 2-3 years, how can we decide which one is the worst? :?

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Grant, maybe you should change your tagline to......

'Ebay, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy'

Shame it's such a neccessary evil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom