jango Fett Star Wars 12" figure signed by Temuera Morrison

jonfett

Youngling
This is a rare figure that I am now selling; just tying to tell actual Jango Fett fans about it really!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300367565778&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

edit: apparently it is not rare.

Joe

Grand Master
Let me explain for Jay...
:shock: - this means : OMFG WHAT A RARE AND AMAZING ITEM!
:roll: - this means : ....Not.

jonfett

Youngling
Joe said:
whats with the sarcasm..its a bit sad. In my view it is rare as I have seen it only a few times on the internet for sale; I'm not a massive star wars figure expert.
It would be nice to recommend this forum to people, however it is not looking like it at the moment.
Any advice though on whether it is over priced etc...

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
jonfett said:
Joe said:
whats with the sarcasm..its a bit sad. In my view it is rare as I have seen it only a few times on the internet for sale; I'm not a massive star wars figure expert.
It would be nice to recommend this forum to people, however it is not looking like it at the moment.
Any advice though on whether it is over priced etc...

We get a new person every week that thinks that modern starwars stuff is rare and most fail to read the notices on the forum like this one = http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5114&start=0

Most modern was mass produced and in 99% of cases is worth much less than than what it originally cost to buy from the shops.

I could have got a mint boxed one at a recent car boot sale for 5gbp.

Any value for your item definitely lies in the signature im sure one of the lads into autographs can help you with that.

Jay

aussiejames

Sith Lord
This IS a great forum, unfortunately new members trying to sell stuff without introducing themselves generally do not receive a warm welcome. And jangofett was a name used by a dickhead that caused dramas on this forum. Have a look around the site you will see a "new sellers please read" thread. Most of us are vintage collectors and a completed listing check on ebay is your best bet for pricing :)

Joe

Grand Master
Don't take offence Jon, like the other guys said, people sign up to advertise their shite here :(

Of course the section is "Ebay listings, post your auctions here" but most peoples main incentive to actually sign up here is to promote some modern tat, they don't introduce themselves, they don't stick around and they just look like chancers.

I wonder about your statement of telling other people about this forum?..why would you be thinking about recommending people to this forum that you, yourself have never ever posted on before ??

jonfett

Youngling
To introduce myself...I am not a serious Star wars collector. Simply got his item off ebay a few years back off a trusted ebay seller with the idea of opening it. Received it and decided to keep it as it was (brand new and unopened) and have now decided to sell it.
The completed listing check doesn't seem to show any results up except for a £29.99 price of the same item unsigned and new; have I overpriced the item?

jonfett

Youngling
Joe said:
Don't take offence Jon, like the other guys said, people sign up to advertise their shite here :(

Of course the section is "Ebay listings, post your auctions here" but most peoples main incentive to actually sign up here is to promote some modern tat, they don't introduce themselves, they don't stick around and they just look like chancers.

I wonder about your statement of telling other people about this forum?..why would you be thinking about recommending people to this forum that you, yourself have never ever posted on before ??
Having used I might recommend it to people who are Star wars enthusiasts.
My main aim was to alert serious collectors about this item because some people might appreciate it more, instead of it being sold and opened and played with.
I know about people randomly joining a forum to sell stuff. I have seen it happen on other diecast forums where the result was that the sale section was removed.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
jonfett said:
To introduce myself...I am not a serious Star wars collector. Simply got his item off ebay a few years back off a trusted ebay seller with the idea of opening it. Received it and decided to keep it as it was (brand new and unopened) and have now decided to sell it.
The completed listing check doesn't seem to show any results up except for a £29.99 price of the same item unsigned and new; have I overpriced the item?

The actual item itself isnt worth much at all mate like i said before the signature is the where any value would lay.

Im not big on autographs (In terms of current values) did you buy it signed or did you meet the actor yourself?

jonfett

Youngling
jaymassive619 said:
jonfett said:

The actual item itself isnt worth much at all mate like i said before the signature is the where any value would lay.

Im not big on autographs (In terms of current values) did you buy it signed or did you meet the actor yourself?
I purchased it signed.
I know it is genuine; I have done extensive research on it. :p

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
jonfett said:
jaymassive619 said:
jonfett said:

I purchased it signed.
I know it is genuine; I have done extensive research on it. :p

Buying signed items is a minefield as there are some many fakes on ebay.

Did it come with a COA? What research did you do?

jonfett

Youngling
jaymassive619" Buying signed items is a minefield as there are some many fakes on ebay. Did it come with a COA? What research did you do?[/quote said:
My feeling towards this is that it is genuine; having been to a few star wars conventions, comparing it to various other genuine Temuera signatures. The consistency of smoothness of ink of signature is present and anyway it is a hard signature to forge and probably not one that is worth forging really.
There was no COA.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
jonfett said:
jaymassive619" Buying signed items is a minefield as there are some many fakes on ebay. Did it come with a COA? What research did you do?[/quote said:
My feeling towards this is that it is genuine; having been to a few star wars conventions, comparing it to various other genuine Temuera signatures. The consistency of smoothness of ink of signature is present and anyway it is a hard signature to forge and probably not one that is worth forging really.
There was no COA.

You could post it on this website below and the autograph experts should be able to help with valuation and they can confirm if its genuine or not.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB49&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93

Jay

jonfett

Youngling
jaymassive619 said:
jonfett said:
There was no COA.

You could post it on this website below and the autograph experts should be able to help with valuation and they can confirm if its genuine or not.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB49&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93

Jay
will give it a go! :D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Signed items are actually worth less when it comes to vintage toys being signed, counts as damage....Not sure about modern, but I would assume the same. Worth 50 us dollars which translates into £25 signed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom