Selling my Ninties Star Wars Toy Collection on eBay

aerisdead

Hi All,

I know it's very uncouth to appear on a forum and immediately be like "HEY LOOK AT MY EBAY SALES" so I'd like to introduce myself before I get into the nitty gritty.

I'm a long time lover of the original Star Wars trilogy. Just slightly too young to see them in the cinema, I was still lucky enough to have loads of the toys, until at some point in the mid-to-late '80s when my mother sold almost my entire collection for pennies.

This would prove to be a big deal for me. As we all know, the late '80s and early '90s were pretty much a dead zone for Star Wars fandom/collecting, but then suddenly Kenner started their new "Power of the Force" line. And, I guess even though I was leaving the age group where buying Star Wars toys (to play with) was acceptable, I threw myself into it like crazy, and collected pretty heavily up until about 1999. You may remember what happened in 1999; the Phantom Menace came out, and made Star Wars seem incredibly uncool. So I fell out of collecting Star Wars stuff completely. However, I had kept almost everything in mint condition, with original boxes, so I stored it all away in my parents house carefully when I went to University, and now, ten years later having lived in Canada for the past five years, I've realized that I should probably clear the stuff out of my folks' house. I genuinely have very fond memories of all of this stuff, but I will never get to really enjoy it; I certainly don't want to ship it to Canada! I hope some other people can pick up and enjoy this stuff.

This first post is my Power of the Force collection, which forms only part of my full collection. Let me know if this kind of thing isn't interesting to the forum, I won't waste your time with the rest if so.

Sealed, New Figures
Leia Organa
Shadows of the Empire Chewbacca (US)
Yoda (US)
Dagobah Luke
TIE Fighter Pilot
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (US)
Hoth Luke Skywalker (US)
Boba Fett (US)

Opened but complete (used for display)
X-Wing Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Shadows of the Empire Leia (US) [one of my absolute favourite figures. Wish I could keep it.]
R2-D2
C-3PO
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Shadows of the Empire Dash Rendar (US)
Lando Calrissian
Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
Deluxe Crowd Control Storm Trooper
Electronic Power F/X Darth Vader and Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (still working!)
Rancor and Luke Skywalker (US) [I love the Rancor. I have a lot of different versions of him, and this is a great one.]

Vehicles (all opened but complete)
X-Wing Fighter (still working!)
Cruisemissile Trooper
Imperial Speeder Bike
Dash Rendar's Outrider (US)
Slave I(Shadows of the Empire box!)
Imperial AT-ST (box doesn't include cardboard inserts. I lost them I guess.)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
This is probably one of the better first threads trying to sell stuff. Welcome :) There may be a few guys interested in modern stuff but as a whole this is generally a vintage place. Good luck with the ebay sales. If you uncover any vintage goodness post it up here.

aerisdead

Well, I won't bother listing the rest of my modern stuff that I'll be putting on eBay if it's not going to be interesting to you, but I will note that I've put up a bulk lot of my twenty-three remaining original vintage Star Wars action figures:

23 Assorted vintage Star Wars Figures

I know I should have sorted them or worked out which ones were worth it, but as they're lacking all of their accessories, I didn't think anyone would be that bothered. Anyway, have a look through and see if you're interested, it's starting at 99p for the lot, and knowing nothing about it I don't expect to even make that!

AssyrianDrummer

Padawan
Hey man, I collect the POTF modern stuff.

Whats the difference between the orange boxed figures and the green ones... I'm still new to all this...

I'm interested though! Don't get me wrong :)

aerisdead

AssyrianDrummer said:
Hey man, I collect the POTF modern stuff.

Whats the difference between the orange boxed figures and the green ones... I'm still new to all this...

I'm interested though! Don't get me wrong :)

The green ones are the North American packaging, which a lot of people prefer as there are no multi-language aspects, which (and I agree) tend to make the design a bit uglier/confused.

I don't know if one or the other is more sought after, but I imagine in the UK the US boxes are far rarer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom