Watch out! Post Fakes, Repros, Customs selling on ebay here

PGowdy

Grand Master
Hi, i thought we needed a thread for general "watch out" items on ebay. Fakes, customs, repros selling as original etc.

To start off here's something which came up today. The seller has a fake Yoda MOC. and a Jawa which i'm assuming is fake tho i'm not 100%. (take a look)
He was offered £300 and did not take it so i'm not sure he knows he has customs. The whole lot is not even worth 100 quid. I have messaged him so we'll see what he says.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Star-Wars-Collection-/280710987623?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item415badbf67#ht_2507wt_125
Screenshot2011-07-25at113405.png

itfciain

Grand Master
Good spot Pete

I really hope this is a genuine sale as if this is a scam it's a pretty sick one.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Well he replied asking me what a "custom" was.
I'm awaiting his response again. Lets see what he does.
Can anyone confirm if the Jawa is fake or not. I can't tell.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Ok so i was asked how i knew the Yoda was fake so i wanted to post comparison pics.

Ok, so this is the Yoda in the above sale. Dull, dark colours. An incorrect, longer bubble and the outer border/black area is too big. The punch is also too central. An obvious fake.
Screenshot2011-07-18at004653.png

And here's a genuine ESB Yoda. As you can see, brighter vivid colours. A smaller bubble with a longer stem and a thiner outer boarder.
kenner_canada_yoda_esb_32back-2.png

Oto

Padawan
I've got two 12 back Jawa's and they both have a longer stem bubble than that one. The Jawa's head should be at the top of the bubble. Looks fake to me.

wertyu-2007

Padawan
thanks mate

its pretty obvious to see when doing a comparison but they look good when your looking at the fake alone.

it must be gutting to learn your carded figures are fake, i would image if hes genuine he paid out a lot of money for these the jawa in paticular .

wertyu-2007

Padawan
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Star-Wars-JAWA-VINYL-CAPE-1977-HIGH-GRADE-/200631530758?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2eb6923506

he says hes not certain if this is genuine i think not too dark on the (OB1) cape ??.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah i saw that. It's fake.
Btw; the seller in the sale i mentioned knows they are fake now as i told him and has not altered the sale. Also, Ed suggested that perhaps that message offering 300 was a "shill" message so to speak, to get interest or to makeit seem legit. This stands to reason mainly because there is nowhere near 300 quid worth of stuff there even IF it were all real. I'm now assuming he's gonna go through with the sale/scam. But i will be contacting the buyer once he/she leaves feedback and informing them that they were knowingly sold fake items.

itfciain

Grand Master
wertyu-2007 said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Star-Wars-JAWA-VINYL-CAPE-1977-HIGH-GRADE-/200631530758?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2eb6923506

he says hes not certain if this is genuine i think not too dark on the (OB1) cape ??.

To be fair, the seller has included a Q&A stating that it is fake

itfciain

Grand Master
I believe that this guy has quite a bad reputation in the collection world but perhaps one of the other lads could confirm this. He always has a lot of recards for sale so I am surprised that he has this one up as a genuine.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah this guy makes money selling customs and pretending he's based in Spain and is generally just a ****. Steer well clear.

wertyu-2007

Padawan
im trying to buy a jawa starwars carded figure.

thought i had it sussed and was well clever finding the above fake one (if it is) but now im just lost .

check these out below all have same number in corner does that mean anything ?

i was thinking the silver border line was too close to edge of card side .
but even the afa graded has this so im wrong there .
:? :? :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Kenner-20a-Back-Jawa-AFA-80-C80-B85-F85-MOC-/230639277243?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item35b32c14bb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-JAWA-FIGURE-MINT-CARD-20-BACK-CARD-RARE-/250857147377?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3a68404bf1

itfciain

Grand Master
I am not sure that any of them are fake. The Costablanca guy is know for sellin fakes but it is possibloe that this is genuine.

One of the other lads might be able to spot something though

PGowdy

Grand Master
I wouldn't touch it either way. Both out of principle and the fact that if you buy things from someone you know to produce and sell fakes and the thing you bought turns out to be fake, tho you were sure it was real, you've only got yourself to blame.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Be careful you're not bidding on these without having read the description properly. These Stormtroopers have all been repainted. I'm absolutely amazed they've got up to 50 quid!! :eek: I bought 30 fairly white Stormtroopers last year for £90 so this is ridiculous!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130548956931&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom