lejackal said:
FS: Lego Shuttle Tydirium 75094
Complete with box, instructions and all mini figures
Built once and displayed
Looking for £65 posted in the U.K.
Sold

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Nothing really to report but the Lego mad parts of the internet are blowing up over a tweet from Lego Group that people seem to think is the first real proof that we will be getting a new, rather large UC Falcon soon, apparently the grand unveiling will be on the 1st Sept. along with the Hasbro announcement for Last Jedi toys... People still think £700-£800 price tag and may thousands of pieces, which makes it a game changer for Lego in terms of price points etc. we wait with baited breath :)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Anyone have a spare complete Tusken Raider for sale? After the newer version ideally with the nicer head sculpt and correct stick

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Well, all but official, check out Lego's Twitter feed. Big ass Star Wars set coming 1st Oct.
Pause the video in the right places and we see a BB8, a rectangle dish, clear falcon parts... Looks like this is going to be the mother, father, and paternal grandparents of all sets...

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Watched the video 10 times - eventually saw BB-8, other than that I just saw Lego!

Should bring the cost of the original Lego Falcon on the secondary market down to £500; it probably won't though.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I doubt it will bring the original falcon down that far :) - i think it will drop but maybe only overall. If the new falcon is entirely new that would mean both models are so unique that they will stand on their own and therefore a collector (and that is who these mega sets are for) will want both in their collection to be complete, ergo the price of the original will remain in the thousands, maybe level off around 2k as opposed to the 3+ it has been at recently?

Also interesting to see what the real price of the new ship will be, images of $800 price tag have been seen, which would mean at least £700 given the way price's between US/U are looking, or maybe even £800... either way, i know i want it so i am sure it will appear.....

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Thought i'd share my car boot finds from last week. In reverse order of when i got them..

Firstly, Jynn Urso Ultrabuild, was still sealed in its box, even though the box was a bit tatty.. £3

IMG_9861.JPG

The second was my favourite, from the one close to work on Thursday lunch. Got a big box of mixed lego for £25. Dude had two boxes, and the one i picked gave me a good Star Wars vibe. Good bunch of mini figs, and i was hoping i was going to get an xwing out of it too but lots of bits missing.

IMG_9862.JPG

Happy with just those mini figs for £25, but there's also most of one of the train sets in there as well. Need to get my ass in gear and get that sold... and hopefully that dude will be there with ghe other box tomorrow and i can finish the xwing

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Back on the 'Big News' news. Lego have formally said the unveiling of the new UC Falcon will be the 1st September :) - Force Friday

Palifan

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
Back on the 'Big News' news. Lego have formally said the unveiling of the new UC Falcon will be the 1st September :) - Force Friday

Care to hazard a guess at price?

The first one is amazing but I think this one will break the bank for me, I'll have to just wait and see how good the one from China is :lol:

Ian

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Do vintage Lego sets sell for a premium if still factory sealed? The reason I ask is that I have an unopened set from late 70s early 80s and could do with generating some funds to help with an engine rebuild.

If the set in question (375) goes for £130'ish complete and boxed on eBay, what do you think I might be able to expect when I eBay my sealed one?

Can't imagine too many people would want a Lego set they can't build but I suppose most people can't imagine buying Star Wars toys they can't play with!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
What's your definition of sealed? :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_6695.PNG
    IMG_6695.PNG
    121.3 KB · Views: 812

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
A few new bits........

First 12 stand......still need a Tusken to complete if anyone has one

IMG_0231.JPG

Custom Leia Hoth

IMG_0232.JPG

Also picked up a VW Camper and VW Beetle but won't post here as they ain't SW

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
Do vintage Lego sets sell for a premium if still factory sealed? The reason I ask is that I have an unopened set from late 70s early 80s and could do with generating some funds to help with an engine rebuild.

If the set in question (375) goes for £130'ish complete and boxed on eBay, what do you think I might be able to expect when I eBay my sealed one?

Can't imagine too many people would want a Lego set they can't build but I suppose most people can't imagine buying Star Wars toys they can't play with!

All sealed sets attract a premium, mate. The newer one's not so much: for example an open Sandcrawler is £250 where as a sealed one will be around £275. However, the further you go back the bigger the premium in terms of % of the price. So your castle set, if it's selling for £130 complete with box but used I would think should be well north of £250 and I'd put it up for £300 BIN and see what happens. Even sealed sets in squashed boxed get a decent premium if they're 70s and 80s.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cheers Si, might start at £300 and see what happens; not desperate to get rid as I like it but could do with the cash!

Another Lego question: I have a few sets which are open such as old technics sets which have the flip top box. When the removal men packed out stuff they put 3 or 4 sets at a time in large bags which have then been tipped on their sides and bricks have leaked out of each into a communal puddle of Lego at the bottom of the bags.

Aside from now having to build the sets to ensure completeness (looking forward to that bit!), I will be looking for a way to store them in the future where bricks don't fall out but I can place them on their sides in large boxes. Thinking of wrapping them in a clingfilmesque type of clear wrap - do you think this will be an ok way to store them or do you think the wrap might do bad things to the boxes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom