Haslab Khetanna

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Stubbs said:
Have you seen this yak face they are now offering with it.
They're crafty buggers, aren't they?! Yak Face will also be released in the upcoming Vintage Collection revival, but the Kenner Canada POTF packaging with coin version will be exclusive to the Khetanna... which makes it a bloody expensive way to get that variant! :lol:

lambis500

Padawan
I dread to think of the price of the exclusive yak on the aftermarket,If anybody sells.
Especially if there are only 5000 or so sold!!
I think he looks great though...
And I couldn't agree more that Hasbro has kicked international collector's in the balls by not including us.Haslab has so much potential as well imo.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Hi reading the article linked below, Hasbro has said that if the Project is backed then a small Quantity will be produced for collectors outside North America. So there could be a chance to get one with out having to pay an arm and a leg. Maybe?

http://www.venganzamedia.com/Gazette/2018/03/22/hasbro-qa-haslab-sail-barge-and-yakface-update/

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
So Dark Side Toys them of the Barge bedroom sales have had their eBay account suspended for fraud and PayPal account locked.
Many thanks for the heads up!

That's very grim news for anyone that ordered a Khetanna through them. I've just taken a look at their website and all of their Khetanna offers are now showing as 'Sold out', so at least hopefully nobody else will fall foul of any shenanigans. And of course, I would urge anyone who has already placed a Khetanna order through them to immediately contact PayPal and ask for your money back.

Let's hope Hasbro's promise to make some extra Khetannas for the non-US market (if their target of 5,000 backers is reached of course; something I have my doubts about) comes to fruition and those of us on this side of the pond get a fair crack at owning one.

chiffy

Sith Lord
I think everyone needs to calm down and realise whats gone on here. Darkside have been fantastic in doing everyone a favour, taking the **** and making it possible for the uk market to receive a sail barge. The problem lies with paypal. Surely weve ALL had issues with paypal? They are an absolute nightmare and decide to hold your money or suspend your account at the drop of a hat. All Darkside have done is innocently tried to help us all out and paypal have seen this vast amount of money going into their account and thought ell lets close this down something must be going on here!!! Think some people need to think about this before they suddenly label a company who weve all bought stuff from with no problems as frauds! :evil:

Richard_H

Grand Master
Haslab have created a product which is amazing for US and now Canadian markets. They've washed their hands with the rest of us. This has drawn a lot of anger.

I've personally never bought from this Darkside Toys and they've by all accounts only been around since Feb so not to sure how much others have used them. They've taken a $500 item and changed it into a $850 item. I have no idea what their profit margin is but did hear 30% was bandied around.

I am warning my fellow collectors to be wary, as have many others. There are a lot of what ifs in both versions of the story. You don't get ebay accounts banned lightly and fraud investigation was the response. Nobody here has accused them of fraud. Most people here and elsewhere have said be careful and use credit cards etc. I'm not sure myself how long insurance covers credit card purchases.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Being careful and using credit cards for protection is nothing new regarding any company let alone singling out Darkside. If you want to be covered for any items purchased in advance that are not released for about a year then dont use paypal! I have nothing to do with Darkside. I have bought from them with no problems. I have bought from geek toys/id/staraction/tosche with no problems. You might no more than me. I just fail to believe that a company that are trying to help peeps get this thing are being shamed and dont give me this " i didnt mention fraud " cos' we know exactly what you are getting at. Basically you are saying they are ripping people off and now it has caught up with them. I disagree. I may be wrong. I probably am. If anyone has pre ordered and payed for this thing then you can easily go thru paypal and get your money back right now if you are not happy so where is the problem? There is little or no chance that any of us over here will ever get to own the sail barge. Someone gives us a glimmer of hope and it's frowned upon. Even taking into account the £200 odd quid profit. This thing is huge and obvs there is gonna be more than 1 of them to ship over plus customs on them i reckon Darkside would probs be making £30-40 on them. So what? Theyre doing all the work. And if anyone doesnt like it then go find a way to get 1 yourself in my opinion.
Just another example altho not on such an extreme level. I pre ordered some of the new black series stuff thats due out, vader helmet, gam guard etc from geek toys on Friday. So has someone else on echo but cos' he hasnt answered theyre pm they have gone into meltdown thinking thats it theyve been ripped off! The poor guy is on a stall at a show for the weekend trying to earn a living but has already been labelled a fraud buy a customer :roll:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Just incase its not been seen, an update on Darkside. They are having to limit the barge orders to 10 per day due to paypal thinking theyre laundering or whatever they wanna call it so it is still available you just have to be quick when they take the sold out option down on a Monday. Oh and Richard, please hopefully you havent took offence to anything ive said mate, its nothing personel, i just think these small businesses have a hard time surviving as it is and especially the 1's that are trying to help us collectors out to get something that would be nigh on impossible to own otherwise. I would love to live the dream and open a geeky type shop buying and selling plastic but there seems to be no help out there, backing or anything and before you know it they are gone almost as quickly as they started and peeps are either back on the dole or working in a factory at 5am all hours :wink:

Richard_H

Grand Master
Hey Chiffy us Northerners rarely take offence. :lol:

I really hope this barge gets funded and this deal all comes good. Just advising to be careful, and I'm not happy with haslab.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That is a superb looking sailbarge. It's weird because it kind of goes beyond the realm of the toy range and is more of a model/collectors item. Especially at that price. It would be an awesome man cave piece, sitting on a floating shelf. Would love one, not for me though.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, the Khetanna is going to be made then: https://www.hasbrolab.com/

Thanks to a very large late surge in buyers, the order count has shot up by nearly 1000 just today alone, and currently stands at close to 5,400. There's still 3 days left before the deadline, so who knows what the final total will be? I'm now hoping it goes as high as possible, as anyone still hoping to order one through Dark Side Toys will be disappointed as they have stopped taking any more orders. The hopes of non-US/Canadian collectors wanting one of these are therefore now wholly pinned on the 'small extra number' Hasbro have said they will make in addition to the HasLab website orders (which is apparently going to be the one and only way to get hold of one from Hasbro in the US and Canada), and which will be available in foreign markets. Hasbro haven't given any indication of how many the 'small extra number' will actually be, but it's reasonable to assume if their HasLab target of 5,000 is greatly exceeded, they may have more confidence in manufacturing a few more than they otherwise might have for those irrelevant countries that aren't the USA or Canada.

I must say, I think this whole process has been mishandled by Hasbro from start to finish, with non-domestic collectors being royally shafted. Yes, we might have a crack at owning one later down the line if we're lucky enough to get our hands on one of the 'small extra number' being made, but it wouldn't have killed Hasbro to put a mechanism in place whereby we could all have guaranteed ourselves one, like our US and Canadian friends can. Hasbro would have guaranteed themselves more sales, and we the customers would have been happy. As it is, even if we do manage to find one for sale over here next year, I don't doubt the price will be disproportionately higher than the US one!

I dislike crowd-funding for these types of products anyway, but when they're from very large and wealthy companies for extremely expensive, highly limited items like the Khetanna, Hasbro are simply slapping their foreign customers full in the face and showing us just how little we actually mean to them.

I'll still try to get a Khetanna next year, but I don't think I'll be holding my breath :-(

chiffy

Sith Lord
So , all pre orders in and just under 9000! Wow! Question now is who's in the Khetanna club? :wink:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Going to get a 1 way ticket to Orlando/Anaheim Celebration next year, and then row back across the pond in one.

:)

Jason

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hasbro has finally unveiled their packaging and paint apps for this monster! It's looking good :)

Higher res versions of the images below are available at Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_HasLab_Update_182744.asp) and elsewhere.

121918Barge02.jpg

121918Barge01.jpg

121918Barge03.jpg

121918Barge04.jpg

121918Barge05.jpg

121918Barge06.jpg

121918Barge07.jpg

121918Barge08.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom