SWFUK

UK Modern SW news and views podcast

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: UK Modern SW news and views podcast

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Good luck with the new venture Taff 8)
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:Good luck with the new venture Taff 8)

Cheers Russ. See how it pans out... :?:

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Facebook, PM or email (caderanews@gmail.com). Send me your modern buying news or post them on the latest acquisitions post. :D

quins
Regular
Regular

Postby quins » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:25 am

Hi Taff
Just requested to join also.
Have a great Christmas all and goodnight.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:56 am

quins wrote:Hi Taff
Just requested to join also.
Have a great Christmas all and goodnight.

Thankyou quins - very much appreciated and welcome. I am honoured and have a great Christmas.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Good luck

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:28 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:Good luck

Thanks m8y - Merry Christmas!

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:06 am

Well I have done some trial podcast recording runs and they are pants.

Need decent recording gear, an interesting guest or two and more sound bites.

I have tried and will keep experimenting but I am afraid to say its not to any standard that I am happy with yet. Very sorry if you were expecting something sooner.

Sundancer Squadron
Regular
Regular

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Taff, I'm sure everyone here will agree with me, ignore the glimmer and gold of grandeur and shiny things and do not be disheartened at all. Most of us are mature enough not to be captivated by flashy things but good discussions and conversations. Start small, and build a good foundation then grow :shock:

I'm sure many here will support you and be happy to share advice and ideas, pm on its way.
Wanted
Ralph Mcquarrie concept series 30th anniversary figures
2007 gold sqn Y wing also the vintage collection Y wing
Legacy collection AT-TE

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 am

Sundancer Squadron wrote:Taff, I'm sure everyone here will agree with me, ignore the glimmer and gold of grandeur and shiny things and do not be disheartened at all. Most of us are mature enough not to be captivated by flashy things but good discussions and conversations. Start small, and build a good foundation then grow :shock:

I'm sure many here will support you and be happy to share advice and ideas, pm on its way.

Sundancer - many thanks again for the support and kind words. New equipment aquired so will be testing and adjusting that soon. Weekly podcast might also be a tadge ambitious!

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am

Agreed! Content is far more important than flashy bells and whistles. God knows how many YouTubers I've watched who focus far too much on sharp looking intro graphics and music over actually having something worthwhile to say. Besides, you can bet that Led Zeppelin's first recordings were pretty poor compared to what they went on to produce. Don't be disheartened, mate.
Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am

TK-7785 wrote:Agreed! Content is far more important than flashy bells and whistles. God knows how many YouTubers I've watched who focus far too much on sharp looking intro graphics and music over actually having something worthwhile to say. Besides, you can bet that Led Zeppelin's first recordings were pretty poor compared to what they went on to produce. Don't be disheartened, mate.
Chris

Cheers Chris. Better get on with it then! :lol:

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:39 am

Taff is you want to have a Skype one evening I'm happy to go through a few things we do on TVR and what we use.

Weekly podcast will honestly be tricky, not sure what length your aiming for but recording and editing process can take time depending on what you're doing and how polished you want it to be.

Also I would start looking at a podcast hosting service and get it linked to iTunes, your first show will go through some inspections and takes a while to be accepted, think from the time we finished to actually getting released with first show was nearly a month.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:Taff is you want to have a Skype one evening I'm happy to go through a few things we do on TVR and what we use.

Weekly podcast will honestly be tricky, not sure what length your aiming for but recording and editing process can take time depending on what you're doing and how polished you want it to be.

Also I would start looking at a podcast hosting service and get it linked to iTunes, your first show will go through some inspections and takes a while to be accepted, think from the time we finished to actually getting released with first show was nearly a month.

Cheers Stu. That is very kind and welcomed. Its a date! Be in touch soon then.

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Taffius wrote:
Stuart Skinner wrote:Taff is you want to have a Skype one evening I'm happy to go through a few things we do on TVR and what we use.

Cheers Stu. That is very kind and welcomed. Its a date! Be in touch soon then.

No worries mate x
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Return to “Modern Collecting”