Selling modern collection, advice needed

darl

Youngling
Hi foks, pretty new here (well, totally new to be honest :lol: )

I'm looking to sell my modern loose stuff to focus on fulfilling my Vintage needs (and also to get me out of a tight cash flow situation, so I would like to sell them fairly quickly) I have no idea how much things are worth, or what to ask for them, or where's the best place to sell them (e-bay, collector sites etc), do I sell them in bulk or break them down into sets, POTF2, TPM, SAGA etc etc. I have hundreds and hundreds of complete loose figures both basic and exclusives/pack-ins, and a load of MIB/MOC exclusives (sold all my basic carded figures a few years ago when i ran out of room).

I've just started to catalogue everything, I have managed to list my carded/boxed figures so far, but there's so many loose figures it's going to take for ever.....

so basically, my main questions are:

1 - where to sell (would there be folk on here interested in the job lot do you think?)
2 - job lot or small groups
3 - value

Thanks for any advice :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not sure if you have been given any advice but i recently sold off my modern collection and used a 3rd Party shop to do it for me. They took a percentage of the sales for their effort.
To be honest there wasn't really much (any) profit in it, loose modern tends to be worth pounds and pence at best, if that. Some of the exclusive boxed items do go for good money though so not without merit. (I got £150 for my legacy collection falcon the other day as an example), the most valuable items tend to be the US store and Convention exclusives.
You could offer them here with a list and prices but not too many takers i think, but there are a few moder fans about.
The bigger the bulk offer the less money you will make as a rule, although it might be worth bulking up the loose stuff and seperating out the higher value boxed exclusives and selling seperatly.
Evilbay is the obvious route but with that sized lot after you factor in the hastle of shipping and dealing with all the people on Evilbay and then the fees (inc PP fees) and then the BIN v's Auction stuff it is a lot of effort. That's why i went with the shop option.
If you are in London i can pass their details to you, but i am sure there are other shops (collectors, comic stores etc) who would take the stock at no cost and sell for a percetnage of takings, the big benifit is no hastle to to you and you get to set the price.
The last option is selling to dealers, but they will only pay 20% of value at best as they look to make a 300% profit on everything they buy in, but again if you just want rid of stuff, they are quick and hastle free (well mostly hastle free).

Best of luck though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom