Best modern version of the Y-Wing?

Joe

Grand Master
Just wanted to know if anyone had any views on the different modern Y-wings out there and which one was the best one?

It's one of my favourite ships from Star Wars and I wanted to get a really supped up display model but I just saw some of the master replica prices and almost **** myself so..maybe modern toys are the way to go?

Be interested to hear you modern lovers views!

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Can't help much Joe 'cos I ain't got one.

I want one though, I remember seeing one like this in Toys R Us a while ago. Can't remember if it had the Yellow or Red styling though (it is available in both)...

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/ywing_fighter_30th_anniversary_toys_r_us_exclusive
(Lots of pics in this link)

I like a lot of the modern vehicles (the new molds that is) and most of them display well.

I would go for the Yellow styling myself (which isn't in the new 'vintage packaging', probably trilogy).

New 'Vintage packaging' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I think this is the full range of Y-Wings produced in the Modern era.
I actually owner all of these (except for the Vintage Boxed version) during my collecting heyday and have to say they are all great toys.

Hard pressed to pick a favourite but i would say the OTC version (the red one), because of the colours, but the 30th Anniversary version is very nice. Must check with the shop selling my modern toys, i may still own one of these :)

Attachments

• ywings.jpg
    ywings.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 405

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Just checked with the shop and the Power of the Force Y-Wing is still there (the green box from 2000) if you are interested Joe?
Let me know? I have it in the shop for £55.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I have the most recent vintage collection one mate. MISb PM me if interested. I had some TRU vouchers and decided to go for it a few months back :)

Clone Collector

Padawan
I would just like to see a revised Y that isn't still based on the vintage era ship. Basically a better scaled version would be good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom