FULL Collection Sale Advice

markj

Hi,

I have a huge collection, vintage boxed and loose, pretty much every modern (1995 onwards) figure either opened or packaged (all vintage collection unopened for example) Lego, Kubricks, money boxes, full size stormtrooper and so on...

Ive moved house had a baby etc so Im considering selling the full collection. Has anybody any experiance of doing this or advice as to how I would go about it?

Im not really interested in individual sales, the most I would consider is splitting up full collections (eg: all 12" or all micromachines)

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi, first of all congratulations on the baby.
Yes photos will help with valuations. Use one of the primary photo sites such as photo bucket to upload images.
It's the vintage stuff which will get the most interest.
The chaps on here will give you as much info as they can based on what you can provide.
You will be best placed to sell on here (if anyone is interested) as you won't have the hassle, stress and fees of eBay to worry about.
Where are you based?

mumbo

Sith Lord
I dont blame you for not wanting to do individual sales, what a nightmare that would be :!:

You could post up pictures in the valuation threads and then take offers from members although I suspect you'd get a lot of individual offers. Individually you'd get a better price so it might be worth selling a few pieces before off loading the rest in bulk. Most collectors only need individual items and its rare that someone would want a whole set or larger collection of items at once (unless they plan to sell the unwanted stuff on).

You could list it in lots on ebay but you'd be stung by some large fees and you'd also be at risk of having a buyer that is only out to cause you trouble :x

More recently sellers with large collections have been going down the Vectis route, they are a large well known and reputable auction house. If you search the threads there will be quite a few on Vectis.

This forum is mostly a vintage collecting forum but there are some weirdos who collect modern too. It would be great to see some pictures as it sounds like you have quite a collection :)

Whatever happens good luck

itfciain

Grand Master
Liam (Dark Sith Lord) would be a really good person to speak to - he is up on his modern items and would be able to give you plenty of advise -good to see that he has sent you a PM :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Liam (Dark Sith Lord) would be a really good person to speak to - he is up on his modern items and would be able to give you plenty of advise -good to see that he has sent you a PM :D

Cheers Iain! :)

Hope all is well with yourself?

markj

Thanks for all the replies, ill look at posting some pictures and a list later on this evening

Mark

markj

Here is a link to a few pictures from 2013. Ive moved house since so everything is in boxes. There is a lot more lego plus pretty much everything released since 2013, black series, 6" black series, vintage collection, lots more lego, ewok village, tatooine etc. WIll work on producing a full list over the weekend but you will get the id of scale here:

http://dioramaworkshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.msg71#msg71

There are a few more boxed items as well not shown, both vintage death stars although the US one is missing a couple of bit, boxed ESB falcon and a few other bits. There is also the full deagostini vehicle collection, 90% of the figurine collection, a load of CCG cards, magazines, books, disney figures... 25 years of a collection basically

markj

Sorry, it seems a bit of a weird link...

try this one:
http://dioramaworkshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.msg71#msg71

If not if you go to dioramaworkshop forums and search for star wars room you should get it.

Mark

mumbo

Sith Lord
Still no pics. I think it goes through to the right thread on the forum but perhaps you need to be a member to view them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom