Valuation

Westcott83

Could anyone help with a valuation please?
I have a original 1999 Episode 1 The Phantom Menace cinema poster, it's the 1 of Anikin Skywalker with a Darth Vader shadow its roughly 54" high & 39" wide. I've been looking on the internet & eBay and all I can find is a smaller version of this poster 40" x 27" which is on sale for £225.

If anyone could help with a valuation would be much appreciated

Thanks

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I think they might have accidently missed out a decimal point = £2.25 ?? :lol:

It's difficult to value something like that. To me it's worth **** all but if you can find a hardcore Phantom Menace collector you might get decent money for it. £225+ is absurd. Stick it on ebay starting at 99p and let it fly.. or not as the case may be :D

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
You would need to load up an image for a more accurate valuation, and provide far more details, however, I believe you have described first advanced poster. The 40" x 27" is the official size and anything else is not a cinema poster, the given names being a U.S. one sheet (the vertical image) or a UK Quad (the horizontal image), the UK Quad size is actually 40" x 30", and those can be picked up for anything from £15 to about £40 depending on whether they are English or not or double sided print or not etc.

Larger images may be for billboard and bus stops etc. in which case they get a different valuation and tend to have a smaller market due to the the lower print quality from the cinema poster and the fact that they tend to be so large no one has the wall space for them, they also tend to be worth less than the cinema posters. Realistically (and granted without seeing the image) you are not going to get a lot for it, assuming it is a billboard poster, eBay and see what gives is your only real option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom