Header image

Modern collection thread

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Modern collection thread

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Various books...leaflets...flyers etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Think i bought this from Turkey in 97' whilst on holiday there....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:33 pm

TRU Gold cards and some diecast metal keyring figures...

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:39 pm

These are a couple of mail away pieces I got...

A special edition Commtech chip also the two other boxes (I think) are 2 of the Jar Jar Binks 'sticky tongue head's' that you could get through the crisp packet offers if remember rightly (I've never opened them and are still sealed)...

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:48 pm

This is an official flyer advertising when Ray Park was due to visit the Forbidden Planet store in Leeds in 99' to do an autograph signing session...which didn't happen because the Yorkshire Evening Post newspaper wrote a segment in their paper on how 'movie stars' are cashing in on the fans by charging for autographs (mainly aiming it at Ray Park) so the session got cancelled at the last moment.....

It would be good if I could get Ray Park to sign this flyer...that would be a great one off piece...but not sure how this could happen tbh....

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Lastly I have these which came in various packets of Walkers Crisps (similar to the Tazo give away a few years previous)....not sure how many there is in the full collection ?

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 pm

that's certainly a fine collection of miscellaneous bits and bobs mate :D love the tazo stuff I can remember hunting for them, and everyone saying they would be worth money in the future, I paid a fiver for my complete set of ebay a few years ago after loosing my original set, still a nice item to have, love the other stuff to
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

stratpack
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby stratpack » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Inspired by Spoons' tentative step into the world of POTF2 on the acquisitions thread I'd thought I'd put up some pics of my graded THX figs. Last year I posted photos of my Euro POTF2 Long Picture set so this is a bit of a companion to that. :wink:

Its taken me years to build these up and get them graded when I can afford it. I've got a soft spot for the POTF2 line as I was a student at the time and felt like a kid again searching through SW figs on a store hangar! The THX leaflets were in the first wave of POTF2 figs in 1995 and were included to promote the OT being remastered in THX sound and released on video for 'one last time' as the ads said! :D

Still got a few to go including Threepio, Chewie, Han, Lando & Leia so if anyone has nice clean cards let me know.

Here's also a photo of my Freeze Frame Weequay with his 77back dad :wink:
Battle-damage stickers should be peelable!

My feedback thread:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22986

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Really fine set of figures there mate, they look great in acrylic :D
took some updated pics of my cabinet
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW

TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular

Postby TEEBO1979 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Finally got round to installing Lights in my Hot Toys display Cabinet, so thought I would post a few photos as I am well chuffed with how they have turned out.
25E35A2F-6404-4735-AB77-E5A9D22D0990.jpeg

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Love the hot toys figures, they look great on display
yours look brilliant

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dannywhiteley » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 pm

stratpack wrote:Inspired by Spoons' tentative step into the world of POTF2 on the acquisitions thread I'd thought I'd put up some pics of my graded THX figs. Last year I posted photos of my Euro POTF2 Long Picture set so this is a bit of a companion to that. :wink:

Its taken me years to build these up and get them graded when I can afford it. I've got a soft spot for the POTF2 line as I was a student at the time and felt like a kid again searching through SW figs on a store hangar! The THX leaflets were in the first wave of POTF2 figs in 1995 and were included to promote the OT being remastered in THX sound and released on video for 'one last time' as the ads said! :D

Still got a few to go including Threepio, Chewie, Han, Lando & Leia so if anyone has nice clean cards let me know.

Here's also a photo of my Freeze Frame Weequay with his 77back dad :wink:

Got a lot of love for the 1995 wave 1/2 Orange card Potf2 cards. I too was a student, back in the good old days. Thanks for sharing these they look A1 in acrylic. Might have to get some cases for my 'first 9'

Paullaura
Regular
Regular

Postby Paullaura » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 am

Hot toys display is cool 8)

Chico
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Chico » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi Folks,

I am sure many of you will be aware of the new Haslab platform launched by Hasbro this weekend and their exciting first project - Jabba's Sail Barge! https://www.hasbrolab.com/

Of course, Hasbro have kicked this off by ignoring the collecting community outside of the US :roll: however... Jedi Temple Archives are trying to get Hasbro's attention regarding this via an online petition (of sorts). Who knows if it will work but if you are interested in a Sail Barge and future Haslab products its worth adding your name to this:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018- ... collector/

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:46 pm

NFS - My inadvertant modern collection is growing. At this point it will surpass my vintage! :shock: I know nothing about these but just like the look of these and characters I like, however anything mighty fine in there?

Return to “Modern Collecting”