The Force Awakens Falcon Toy

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Does anyone have one or will they be getting it? Am thinking about getting one but the price is putting me off would you recommend it? Thanks

chiffy

Sith Lord
Looks an absolute bag of shite to me! Too small and that pop up gun thingy in the middle? Makes me sick to my stomach as a falcon collector to see this is the next gen of ship weve got to look forward to :? Hope that helps!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Thanks for the info mate. Yer made my mind up will pass on that. Saw a review on Youtube and yer it looks shite

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My daughter got the new TIE and X Wing and for xmas and all I could think about while I was playing with........I mean setting them up was why did they **** up the Falcon with that stupid nerf gun!!!
Had it been a new mould, nice weathering and sounds we would have DEFINITELY picked one up.
Heard plenty people say oh but it's been designed for kids not collectors, with lots of new play features - bollocks bollocks bollocks - my fav toy as a kid was the Falcon because it looked like the ship in SW and my imagination did the rest.
Real shame that the designer won a Toy award for this piece of **** - worse because he was the original designer of the other bloody fantastic Falcon toys - the original and the huge and highly detailed Legacy/Vintage Collection but he wins an award for Nerf!
They totally lost the plot with this one and by doing so cheated a whole lot of people (adults and kids) getting it for Christmas, bloody shame

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
My niece and nephew got it for Christmas. Looks to be the same basic mould as the vintage Falcon. Same scale etc and same as POTF2 one as well. Didn't think it was too bad actually, but not great. They got Poe's X-Wing as well, which was better than I thought it would be after all the negative reviews.

My boys loved the Nerf gun, but thought as a whole it wasn't quite as good as their POTF2 one, which they think looks better.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep the X Wing is ok - loved putting the stickers in the cockpit :D
The TIE fighter is a little cracker and feels a lot heavier and better built than the X Wing - definitely worth the £30 Tesco are asking for it

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Sorry guys, but so far I am not impressed, even the power of the force reissues look better :D :D :D

Bobablade13

Of course you can never out-do the original one for us who experienced it first time, but I don't think it's all that bad if its for a kid to play with rather than a collector. I agree the nerf cannon looks stupid but that aside I think the other added extras are quite good for kids play value - the sounds triggered when it lifts off, the gunner station in the centre, the extra internal detail and also the lid now doubles up as an added part when turned over. I think today's kids in 20 to 30 years time will love it as much as we loved the original.... Actually, they'll probably be too busy playing battlefront to give toys the time of day. Padawans nowadays eh?! By the way, the tie fighters gone down to £20 in tescos now

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Yer saw the Tie in Tesco decided to get one for £20.00 despite the flaws Toy Polloi pointed out may keep it MIB.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
db94 said:
Real shame that the designer won a Toy award for this piece of **** - worse because he was the original designer of the other bloody fantastic Falcon toys - the original and the huge and highly detailed Legacy/Vintage Collection but he wins an award for Nerf!

Agreed.
If they had stuck a rectangle dish on the Legacy Falcon and put it out it would have been toy of the year. Huge SW film + Xmas time = Hasbro should have had a home run. I think in the SW stakes they lost out to Lego big time. People don't mind paying a bit more for something if its a quality product and the Legacy Falcon was chuffing well superb! For anyone that isn't familiar with the Legacy Falcon go and check the Youtube reviews - this is what we could have had for 2015! It came out 7/8 years ago now and its sad that Hasbro have actually went backwards since then. :?

chiffy

Sith Lord
I absolutely adore my Legacy Falcon. Shame i've never been able to take it out of the box to appreciate it a bit more but theyre worth around the £400 - 500 mark mint so ive seen lately and its value outweighs a fat 40 year old bloke playing with it these days :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
chiffy said:
I absolutely adore my Legacy Falcon. Shame i've never been able to take it out of the box to appreciate it a bit more but theyre worth around the £400 - 500 mark mint so ive seen lately and its value outweighs a fat 40 year old bloke playing with it these days :lol:
Out of all the modern toys this and the 6" scale TFA Tie Fighter have got to be the best!

Would love to own them but would have to get loose or opened already!

chiffy

Sith Lord
The Tescos reduced £20 Tie Fighter is not the same as the 1 mentioned above matey. It's around the £170 mark and is the 1st order special so i believe.

lejackal

Grand Master
It's a bit of a rip off if you compare the UK to USA price but the same could be said of the entire range. It is huge and whilst size isn't everything I would gladly pay the premium, especially after having on in hand at the NEC.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Fair enough but it been sold in a toy shop its true its more aimed at adult collectors now not kids

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom