Anyone collecting the new figures?

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Ive got most of the Black Series 6 inch ones, also have the Darth Vader signed by Mr Prowse and Boba signed by Mr Bulloch. not too keen on the latest line of them though that are characters from the new movie, not sure why though but I haven't taken to them as much as the rest of the figures. I also have the Jabba's Palace which was an SDCC exclusive and the Han Solo and Greedo scene in the cantina.

grinchy

Sith Lord
i have collected a lot of the smaller figures most of wave 1 and a few from wave 2, also the smaller 6 inch figures (not the black series, the ones available at aldi), also a couple of the twelve inch line, i just pick up what i like the look of, i don't think they are really investment worthy as there are so many of them being made, if you want it to keep its worth, best bet is to stick to vintage

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
agree with Grinchy no investment in these
certain ones will hold their value and may increase in value slightly but most will not
if you like them then collect them but if you are thinking of investment then don't bother
i think the 6" range are great figures and do collect them, got most of them up to date including the specials

Palifan

Sith Lord
I also agree that the 3.75 figures probably won't go up much in value but have noticed a slight spike in prices for Rey and Finn. These two figures were the peg warmers for quite a while as the bad guys were always getting picked up first but I think after people saw the movie these two figures become more wanted ( probably due to the fact that they're great characters in the film). Also there's a new wave of these figures coming out (both Rey and Finn in Stormtrooper outfit), and I'm thinking even though they may well rerelease these figures as they original looked on different packaging, it maybe the last chance to get them on their debut card backs.

Not sure how fussed collectors are about this and with the amount of collectors out there keeping these things sealed now a days compared to the original ones back in the 70/80's, I'm sure they'll be a lot more around for years to come. Maybe in another 20-30 years time all the kids who are playing with them now will wish they had them again sealed like us with vintage ones…..might be worth keeping hold of them in the loft until that time to bring in some extra dosh ……either that or use them to burn and keep us all warm through the winter months :lol:

Ian

Stronghold

Padawan
Have all the Black Series including all the SDCC exclusives + the Elite Series.
Only downside to the black series is that they vanish very fast but then appear on the bay at silly prices but you need to be selective on which ones you pick up because the amount of times they get repackaged is crazy.
Black Series started off really strong, wave one was outstanding but since then they have really fallen short.

Not sure how true the rumour about the Elite Series being cancelled is but the prices keep going up, Maul sold for $59 quid on the bay and cost 18 and Vadar is sitting around the same price which is insane.

Palifan

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Are they releasing Luke, Han etc from TFA

There's this 3.75 one -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Han-Solo-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Episode-7-3-75-/321981077010?hash=item4af7915612:g:XcoAAOSwUV9Wnd6h

Ian

Cyborg-Fett

Padawan
I actually wish to collect TFA figures, but I won't bother with getting all of them. Darth Vader plus Luke and some from the Rebel Series are being included if we wish to complete combo 3 packs in the BAW (Build A Weapon) series, a slight money-making tactic from Hasbro I reckon. I think possibly there will be a few duds, but undoubtedly some will end-up much vaunted and in high-demand. IMO wave 3 looks to be better than wave 1&2, but I haven't seen wave 3 anywhere on store shelves yet. Finn in Stormtrooper guise with helmet off will be special for me, i'll need to get that.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I picked up a few of the 3.75" line on Force Friday, throwing caution to the wind at the time to take part in the event, but the price tag really puts me off. I've found myself picking up First Order troops, but have limited my purchases to figures I really want/like. I imagine that, if the prices come down, I will pick up more of them, but I really want Luke, Leia and Han figures which, for some reason, don't seem to be making it to the shelves.

tusken--raider

Youngling
Tesco's are now selling some of the 3.75" Force Awkens figures for £7.50 each.
I'm keep to pick up a basketful of my favourites, but hanging on until they are at their cheapest. What's everyone's predictions for how low they are likely to be reduced too?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
tusken--raider said:
Tesco's are now selling some of the 3.75" Force Awkens figures for £7.50 each.
I'm keep to pick up a basketful of my favourites, but hanging on until they are at their cheapest. What's everyone's predictions for how low they are likely to be reduced too?

Given that about 6 months after the fuss had died down for TPM, all the associated figures were in poundland... where myself and my brother both bought up ful collections (oddly from either Swindon or Brighton's shops) all the range except Amidala Asscention Gun as well as a number of the 2 packs was in there at some point. I fully expect to see the same with TFA overstocks in time. If you're playing a long game, start a weekly tour of the discount stores soon a few weeks/months after that they wil start popping up on eBay in volume as peeps try to turn a profit on those that are not savvy to the poundland phenomemnon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom