Woolworth's Exclusive Darth Vader - any views ?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
i've seen the Woolworth's 2006 exclusive Vader a few times on EBay. It's not a great looking Vader, but the nostalgia element of it being a Woolworth's exclusive, that being a store that was integral to my childhood, makes it interesting.

Anyone else own one of these and able to let me know if it's any good as a display item

Also have the same question about the Rocket Firing Fett that ( almost ) matches the mold of the original non firing from the Vintage Line. That tends to go for £50 + so must be one of the modern items that is of merit

MarkG

Jedi Master
TBH it's only the sticker that makes it exclusive as it's the same as the VOTC issue from a few years before.

Still a nice bit of UK history though from a shop that was a huge part of our childhood.

As for the RF Fett. If you can get one at a reasonable price, it's another nice nod to the vintage version we never got.

Figure is slightly taller than it's vintage counterpart, and a few mouldings are different.

Both look good in their clamshells, and are worthy of a place in a collection.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
My collection is 99% vintage, but both of these are pieces I own & have to say really like :eek: dare I say it, I also have some of the poon RF fett's & love them in equal measure.

You can pick the vader up for as little as a tenner if you are patient & at that it's easily worth a place in the collection with it sporting the woolies logo

chiffy

Sith Lord
As above i own both of these and i love them. Sliding the fett out of the white mailer takes me back to opening figures as a kid and i can remember buying the vader out of my local woolies like it was yesterday, i recommend you purchase them both my friend.

grinchy

Sith Lord
I finally snagged a vader without the sticker, lol, missing the whole point of owning the figure, but its a placeholder till i pick up a stickered one, remember seeing it in woolies, takes me back.
vader1_zps5fuzjrvm.jpg

The fett is a great figure, i have it loose and carded, very similar to the vintage fett as has been said, definately worth getting, good luck on getting both figures

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Someone beat me to the Vader with the Woolies logo, which is the one I want :-(

I'll be patient and wait, unless some kind soul on here has a spare to sell.

The Fett I will get too....

Might also try to find those POTF 2 "classic" figures

lejackal

Grand Master
Leemcl said:

I have one if you like? £10 plus your choice of postage, comes with the sticker. I'll get photos later for you.

poncho

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Leemcl said:

I have one if you like? £10 plus your choice of postage, comes with the sticker. I'll get photos later for you.
well done that man :)

MonoLi7C

Did anyone pick this up back when it was at woolies. I saw the sticker and thought it was for free 😅

Last edited:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I have one as a leaving present from one of my first jobs. It isn't displayed but is a special piece as I loved that job and working in Cirencester.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom