Elite Series Die Cast Boba Fett, Maul, Grievous & Vader to be released in UK?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm not a massive collector of the modern stuff. Mainly because a lot of it is overpriced tat (3.75" figure range in particular). The Black Series and Elite Series are something else, though.

I'm currently in the US and happened to find myself staring at a large pile of Elite Series figures. I then found myself at the till with a Grievous, a Boba Fett and a Rey. I really don't like the prequels but the General Grievous figure is something else. The Fett is also an incredible figure. And how could I not want a Rey/BB8 combo?? Especially as it weighs over a kilo :eek:

I then checked out on disneystore.co.uk what else there was and whether it was worth buying more here. In short, for the common ones; no! They seem to be 20% off in the UK at the moment at £15.16 whereas to buy them here is $24.95 (about £17.83) and I'd have to carry them back.

What I did notice, though, was there was no Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Darth Maul or General Grievous in the UK stores. What's the reason for this and are then ever going to release them in the UK or is it a US only thing?

SOJ

Sith Lord
Hey bud, the 6 PT AND OT characters were originally released 1 a week in the lead up to the release of the force awakens. Other than the Anakin the rest sold out quick time. Boba has been going for crazy money on eBay as you'd imagine.

However to coincide with Blu Ray release in the states a week or so ago the six were re-released. The big difference being Fett in the second release has a cape the ****ers. You did well to get him.

No word yet whether we are getting the re-release on Monday, but we'll find out soon enough.

I only collected all of the Force Awakens ones, including the unmasked Ren, Poe and REY with Lightsaber. They all rock and there's only a few to collect. Saved me getting suck into a black series 6" black hole. Hope they do more for future money.

PS DONT TAKE GREVIOUS OUT HIS BOX. HE WONT STAND UP SO IM TOLD.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SOJ said:
Hey bud, the 6 PT AND OT characters were originally released 1 a week in the lead up to the release of the force awakens. Other than the Anakin the rest sold out quick time. Boba has been going for crazy money on eBay as you'd imagine.

However to coincide with Blu Ray release in the states a week or so ago the six were re-released. The big difference being Fett in the second release has a cape the ****ers. You did well to get him.

No word yet whether we are getting the re-release on Monday, but we'll find out soon enough.

I only collected all of the Force Awakens ones, including the unmasked Ren, Poe and REY with Lightsaber. They all rock and there's only a few to collect. Saved me getting suck into a black series 6" black hole. Hope they do more for future money.

PS DONT TAKE GREVIOUS OUT HIS BOX. HE WONT STAND UP SO IM TOLD.

Dan, that's a quality detailed response mate, thanks very much. So, the only changes they've made to the second wave is the cape to the Boba and the lightsabre with Rey? I'm very strongly considering picking up the figures whilst they're reduced at the Disney Store online but the completionist in me doesn't want any second issue behaviour and, having bought these, having to go and fork out over RRP for the first wave ones. And that 1st wave Boba is silly money :/ Interestingly, Anakin is one of the few no longer available no Disney UK. Will have to go for a hunt for a list of all the figures they did and pick up the ones I can't in the UK whilst I'm over here.

I have heard Grievous has a bad case of crap limbs out of the box. He looks awesome in it though so think I'll keep him there!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom