Vintage modern cards

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
What are peoples thoughts on the various modern (saying that some of them go back to 2004) vintage lines? The ones which use the classic front packaging but with new figures.

I recently purchased a VOTC Darth Vader and Lando. I quite like them as the original vintage MOCs are well out of my price range and it still gives me an opportunity to develop a display which has that classic type style but with a new twist.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I bloody love them -

The vintage style is pretty magical if you collected the originals back in the day - seeing them hanging on pegs (and rummaging around to find the ones you are after) took me right back to being a kid.

The figures themselves are pretty damn amazing, fabulous sculpts and paint apps.

I'm still collecting them now, some are getting expensive and some are hard to find but not so much that you can't enjoy collecting them.

I've just taken a picture of mine so apologies for rubbish quality but click on this link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191 for more pics :D

WP_20160601_20_41_41_Pro_zpsymw86en6.jpg

Go for it mate, you'll love collecting them :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
I really like this series also and have some from the first wave released. There are definitely a few that are fairly high in price but they do look nice on display and bring back those vintage memories of buying these figures the first time around.

Ian

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Love the display db94. Just thinking where to place mine at the moment. I think over the coming months I'll be leaning towards to picking more of these up and just get the odd piece of vintage now again, I feel like my true vintage collection is coming to a conclusion.

Thanks for both the replies, I'll look to pick some more up ideally for under £25.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom