New Hasbro star wars toys coming to SDCC

grinchy

Sith Lord
Looks interesting, love the new Rey figure, I like the look of the awing apart from that nerf feature
http://nerdist.com/hasbros-new-star-wars-toys-coming-to-sdcc-exclusive/
0153871501151799_8761677944679388599_n_zpsjpkojmrf.jpg

can't wait to see more figures, the 12 inch scale scout trooper and bike looks good but I wonder if its properly articulated to sit on the bike properly, notice the old style vintage crossbar

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Honestly, the ships with the cartoony decals and nerf features make them look too much like Fisher Price got the license for me. :(

I like how recent figures have scaled back on articulation to provide a more solid figure overall, but hate the Batman-like accessories they all come with now.

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah I know what you mean, kinda goofy looking, I also hate the packins, I don't mind the 5 POA so much but at least give us something that's actually in the movie

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I can't decide on what to blame it on either.

Is it the Disney influence, and trying to steer the line from collectors and back to kids?

Is it a cost cutting measure considering how prices continue to rise on raw material?

Is it that they have decided to bring SW more in line with their other properties (ie Batman)?

It's not just TFA (or my bias against TFA) - as the same thing is being seen on the OT characters they're releasing too. I know it makes me look like a toy snob (and believe me that's not true), but I can't believe how quickly Hasbro went from the greatness of TVC to just looking cheap with this line, and Rebels before it.

Ian

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
The Vintage Collection - sitting typing this looking at my VC Luke Dagobah in X Wing gear. For me the single best figure Hasbro have produced in the last 10 years. I also like the 5 POA, it's what we all had back in the day and for kids they are better to play with (you can stand the suckers up for a start)

As far as I can tell quality control is slipping big time, paint apps on the 3 3/4 BS are pretty ****, character selection across the range is pretty **** (still no Luke) and distribution is a joke - lots of cantina aliens and random characters that deliver no lines and yet the big hitters still haven't reached the pegs for most people.

Seriously TFA was out in December 2016 and still haven't been able to buy the core figures from the film?!?

Pricing in the UK is **** compared to Walmart and Target, we regularly pay double their standard price for a TFA figure in Asda.
The vehicles are cheap (in build quality) compared to vintage and previous modern - Hasbro are fully aware of the popularity and longevity of the SW line but stray away from movie realistic features and go for cheap **** features like Nerf guns!!! I don't subscribe to the **** argument of it's play features for the kids - think back to playing with your Falcon would you have liked a big silly pop out gun, absolutely not, the joy came from a movie accurate falcon and a whole heap of imagination.

I've bought both TFA X Wings and they are cheap! Bought the Falcon from argos because of the price drop but looking at the box just pissed me off - that toy could have been awesome for kids (and their dads) but they went completely the wrong direction.

I thinking the VC line won't be coming back, those days are gone and my modern collecting might be coming to an end - Star Wars toys are arguable the biggest success story in the toy business - why the **** wouldn't the follow the previous marketing/production model. Disney are happy to reinvent the wheel by copying the OT formula for TFA shame Hasbro didn't do the same.

Long post - in summary I think a lot of the new stuff is **** **** **** :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some boxed F A toys are starting to trickle though to the boot sales now, picked up an unopened FA tie fighter the other day for a tenner which although I like the ship apart from the mandatory warped wings :( is all I would be happy paying for it. £30 in asda :shock: on the look out for the x wing now hopefully for £10 Not seen any of the price drops mentioned on here may check out T R Us as mentioned.

Boot sales still remain my main hunting ground. Saw a dealer today who had a massive box of modern figs loose in bags and I was spoilt for choice could not see the wood for the trees £2.50 each but could not find any I wanted, had some vintage mini rigs but missing to many parts one the bonus side he is bringing some x-wing guns next week which I never have enough of :D as i'm quite selective with modern.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Some good points raised, I hope they continue with the black series figures the 3 and 3quarter range, we need more deluxe figures as well as the five pointers, I hope they continue with decent figures and no more repacks!
As for the bigger vehicles, I hope they loose the nerf feature, such a dumb idea, that and the build a weapon thing are crappy ideas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom