My Modern Starwars Collection

Russ J

Jedi Master
I finally went up into my loft this morning to bring down my modern collection (i've been putting off going up there for a few weeks as there's not much room to move about and I knew my collection was buried farthest away from the loft hatch :lol: )...

Anyway I started collecting these toys in 95' when the POTF 2 stuff was released with the run up to the 20th anniversary of the original film.I collected loads of toys from that era,then when the Phantom Menace came out in 99' I started to collect toys from that film...

When The Attack Of The Clones came out I only bought the one figure from that toy line (i'd fallen out with collecting by then and I didn't really think Attack was a great film anyway)...

Fast forward to 2005 when Revenge Of The Sith was released I really enjoyed that film and that re-ignited my interest in Starwars collecting again.I bought loads of toys from that toy line....After about a year and a half or so though my interest wained again and I'd stopped collecting again I think this is when the 'Saga' toys the 'Power Of The Jedi' etc...toys were available but I didn't collect any of that toy line....

Here's the boxes from the loft ready to unpack and take photo's.

PIC%201_zpsx7qnqqrv.jpg

Only the one photo at the moment but I'll slowly add to this thread when I get the chance....

Russ...

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi Russ, i'm sure there was a modern display thread somewhere around where we all put our displays? If you can find it you may find it interesting. If not, and aslong as were not starting a new one, then maybe we can get a new sticky going admin?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here it is - started by Grinchy

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26980

Russ J

Jedi Master
I did start this thread to showcase my modern collection so I wouldn't be clogging up the 'Latest Acquisitions' section ..there will be loads of photos and I'd sooner keep them all together in a thread of my own rather than posted all over the modern section...if Admin and Mods don't want this and want me to post in the section with the link above then no probs I'll do that :D

Admin....Mods it's up to you guys

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of this collection Russ and I'm also interested to see how well they survived being kept up in the loft for all those years (probably all if fine I'm thinking).

Ian

Russ J

Jedi Master
As you can see they were all stored in large cardboard boxes I'm confident they are all in good condition,but that is another reason I bought them down from the loft...take photos and box them back up but in good large plastic storage boxes to protect them better...my loft is nice and dry but it gets warm up there especially with the weather like we've been having over the last week or so ....phew....

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Russ you definitely want to post up your collection in the above thread started by Grinchy, it'll eventually become a sticky and keeps everything tidy rather than everyone having their own thread.
Looking forward to seeing what you have hidden away in those boxes :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Yeah keep it tidy in the above thread Russ. All you have to to is take a big joblot photo of it all on display, even if it means unpacking it then packing some back up again, then just keep us upto date in the latest aqs thread with everything else you get your hands on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom