Header image

Browning bubbles on POTF2

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Browning bubbles on POTF2

Postby jedi_mister » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:01 pm

I've started getting my POTF2 MOC's outof storage and have noticed quite a few have bubbles that are starting to brown especially the plastic container holding the figure. Now I know this is to be expected as these are approaching 20 years old and I haven't stored them in optimum condition but just wanted to find out if others are seeing the same ? I have to say that this does detract a bit as they're not as attractive as vintage MOC's anyway but at least they're cheap to replace if I wanted to :-)
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

Russ J
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Browning bubbles on POTF2

Postby Russ J » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Out if all of my POTF2 collection only my Lando Calrissian bubble has slightly yellowed/browned...the rest are all still nice and clear and as you say a lot of them are knocking on 20 years old know especially the red carded first wave

Jeetkunemaul
New User
New User

Postby Jeetkunemaul » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Worst of mine are the rare Epsiode I bonus Pit Droid figures - I've never seen bubbles yellow as much as these. (Palaptine ones especially.)
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby jedi_mister » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Jeetkunemaul wrote:Worst of mine are the rare Epsiode I bonus Pit Droid figures - I've never seen bubbles yellow as much as these. (Palaptine ones especially.)

Yep, that's the irony of modern collecting. The few expensive figures are bound to be the ones that brown first :lol:
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:25 pm

I have some Episode I Destroyer Droids on card and their bubbles have browned over the years :o Always kept them in a dark and cool environment, so I haven't got a clue why their bubbles are discolored :?
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Return to “Modern Collecting”