New Collector saying hello

olicoz

Youngling
Hi all,

Just introducing myself to the forum really. Been a lifelong star wars fan but never really got into collecting anything star wars based but now thinking that the time has come!

Mainly going to collect new 3.75 figures, i've ordered wave 1 & 2 of the new rogue one figures, i ordered them from starfigures.com as they seemed the most straight forward site with good grouping of catergories. What other sites or stores do people use to get figures?

Is it worth getting the figures graded ? Im collecting as an investment as it's nice to invest in something that will make you happy rather than a % on a savings account.

Anyway, any advice would be great and hello to all in the forum :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi matey and welcome to the forum. If youre looking to collect star wars as an investment then dont buy modern! There are certain pieces that are worth more than when they were originally sold but nothing recent. Stick to buying decent condition vintage even if the price tags heavy as the vintage will always go up in price as opposed to the mass produced guff sold nowadays.

Sinniberg

Padawan
Hello, you're not alone!.

I'm a child of the original trilogy and although I've always loved Star Wars the new film last year re-ignited my interest in a big way!.

Oh why did I go and see that film......?.

£££££ :lol:

olicoz

Youngling
chiffy said:
Hi matey and welcome to the forum. If youre looking to collect star wars as an investment then dont buy modern! There are certain pieces that are worth more than when they were originally sold but nothing recent. Stick to buying decent condition vintage even if the price tags heavy as the vintage will always go up in price as opposed to the mass produced guff sold nowadays.

Hi Chiffy,

Thanks for the reply, I am kind of 50/50 collecting as an investment/pleasure. I know the new stuff might not be as valuable but it gives me a chance to get complete very good condition figures for relatively cheap. I have seen some slighty older stuff that really interests me like the Expanded universe figures from the vintage collection in 2012 like Darth Malgus and Starkiller.

Any advice on where to buy figures apart from Ebay?

olicoz

Youngling
Sinniberg said:
Hello, you're not alone!.

I'm a child of the original trilogy and although I've always loved Star Wars the new film last year re-ignited my interest in a big way!.

Oh why did I go and see that film......?.

£££££ :lol:

Glad i'm not alone!

Russ J

Jedi Master
Welcome to the forum mate 8)

Like what's been said collecting modern isn't really a n investment thing...vintage definitely yes but not modern....I collect modern (I also have loads of vintage from my childhood) but at the moment it's modern I'm really into....I collect for the pleasure of it and nothing else....I started collecting modern in 95' and have collected on and off for the last 21 years ....an example of how much the POTF 2 line hasn't gone up in price (that stuff is 20 years old know) the rrp for an average figure then (1995) was around £5.99 if memory serves me right and the same figures today are more or less the same price give or take a couple of quid either way....so no real investment there,on the other hand certain other lines IE...saga,trilogy series etc...have gone up but not on the scale of original vintage....

Basically collect modern for the fun of it not for any future mega money investment....

chiffy

Sith Lord
olicoz said:
chiffy said:

Hi Chiffy,

Thanks for the reply, I am kind of 50/50 collecting as an investment/pleasure. I know the new stuff might not be as valuable but it gives me a chance to get complete very good condition figures for relatively cheap. I have seen some slighty older stuff that really interests me like the Expanded universe figures from the vintage collection in 2012 like Darth Malgus and Starkiller.

Any advice on where to buy figures apart from Ebay?

I've got plenty of modern figures spare for sale never opened and ive got a few of the more desireable figs spare, malgus, gam guard, r2b1 etc that i could certainly do you cheaper than the bay. If interested, drop me a pm and ill send you a few photos across matey.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey
Most of what needs to be said has been, but essentially only collect for pleasure, the second you start buying for investment it becomes a different beast and maybe not as enjoyable.

Vintage or modern (or both) there is so much out there to collect that it might be worth researching what areas, lines etc interest you the most before diving in with both feet. Quite often when people start collecting anything they buy anything and everything and very quickly you have more stuff then can ever be displayed, I was like that when I got into modern collecting back in the day and wishing a few years I had floor to ceiling boxes everywhere. It took me a long time to realise that downsizing and focusing on specific toy lines worked better for me, of course I still have boxes of stuff around but just not quite as muc :)

Whatever approach you take just do it for the enjoyment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom