Header image

R2D2 Cardboard Promotional Cut Outs for Dark Force Rising and The Courtship of Princess Leia

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
bushmonkey
New User
New User

R2D2 Cardboard Promotional Cut Outs for Dark Force Rising and The Courtship of Princess Leia

Postby bushmonkey » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello,

I have these two R2D2 cardboard promotional cut outs for the books "Dark Force Rising" and "The Courtship of Princess Leia" by Bantam Books. They would be from 1992 and 1994, going by the publishing dates.

They are approx. 1 metre tall. Both are in good condition, with a few slight scuff marks, etc from storage and general use.

I can't find anything about them online. I wondered if someone may be able to give me a valuation?

Many thanks!

01 Both.JPG

02 Dark Force Rising.JPG

03 Courtship of Princess Leia.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: R2D2 Cardboard Promotional Cut Outs for Dark Force Rising and The Courtship of Princess Leia

Postby lejackal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 pm

They're pretty cool but also likely to be pretty niche, I wouldn't expect much for them unfortunately

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: R2D2 Cardboard Promotional Cut Outs for Dark Force Rising and The Courtship of Princess Leia

Postby SublevelStudios » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:03 pm

£30-£40 each IMO. About the same amount they were 20 years ago.

Some things don't appear to have moved inline with inflation unfortunately.

jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby jedi_mister » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah, I've got the Dark Force Rising one and consider it to be worth no more than £20-30 to be honest.
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

Return to “Modern Collecting”