Header image

Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
User avatar
jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby jedi_mister » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 pm

I'd be interested in first refusal on the Luke X-Wing THX Leaflet MOC and the Bounty Hunters ROTJ Icarus Placemat once you have some valuations
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

User avatar
Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Spookedhippie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Damn those micro machine sets take me back!
Image

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:52 am

jedi_mister wrote:I'd be interested in first refusal on the Luke X-Wing THX Leaflet MOC and the Bounty Hunters ROTJ Icarus Placemat once you have some valuations

Ok,il keep you in mind.

User avatar
naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby naughtyjedi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Id be very interested in the carded Slave leia, the MB jigsaw (which has slave leia on the front) and the ESB game cartridge

Pricing up.

Even though many will say there isn't a lot of particular value here theres three ways of looking at it
1. Sell as a bulk deal. The carded figs to a bulk buyer will be no more than £2 each. The micromachines fleet, about £1, the battle packs £3, the action fleet probably a bit more etc etc. The 12" £4. See where I'm going. On first perusal just for the star wars stuff, anything around the £120 - £150 should give incentive for a bulk buyer before shipping / petrol costs. Its worth way more individually than that. Way more and that bulk seller will look to triple/quadruple the output, but they will put the graft in that you don't want to do for a bulk sale. There is some tat there, but the POTF2 creatures and ships do sell well. I had a bunch of those recently and they flew. The micromachines / action fleet stuff does move slower but there are some nice pieces there.
Just glancing through (because you could spend the time putting these into ebay sold listings yourself :D )
figs £50 due to the repetition
action fleet £20
books - £5 (total including the vintage)
12" around the £20 total
3 packs £10 total
ships and creatures £50
The rest is largely bunce which would take a bit longer to sell.. but theres a few oddish items that could surprise.

2. Sell individually. You'd probably make a decent amount and at LEAST double what a bulk seller would pay.
3. Sell in lots. Figs. Play sets. Micro machines. Only thing there is the bunce and tat would likely not sell.. (you could always give it away as a charity fundraiser).

this is just my opinion, I am a tight arse though.

User avatar
chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby chiffy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Not got a clue on prices but let me know what your after for the fright zone mate weather its complete ir just the box i cant tell but interested either way
Image

Image

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:57 pm

naughtyjedi wrote:Id be very interested in the carded Slave leia, the MB jigsaw (which has slave leia on the front) and the ESB game cartridge

Pricing up.

Even though many will say there isn't a lot of particular value here theres three ways of looking at it
1. Sell as a bulk deal. The carded figs to a bulk buyer will be no more than £2 each. The micromachines fleet, about £1, the battle packs £3, the action fleet probably a bit more etc etc. The 12" £4. See where I'm going. On first perusal just for the star wars stuff, anything around the £120 - £150 should give incentive for a bulk buyer before shipping / petrol costs. Its worth way more individually than that. Way more and that bulk seller will look to triple/quadruple the output, but they will put the graft in that you don't want to do for a bulk sale. There is some tat there, but the POTF2 creatures and ships do sell well. I had a bunch of those recently and they flew. The micromachines / action fleet stuff does move slower but there are some nice pieces there.
Just glancing through (because you could spend the time putting these into ebay sold listings yourself :D )
figs £50 due to the repetition
action fleet £20
books - £5 (total including the vintage)
12" around the £20 total
3 packs £10 total
ships and creatures £50
The rest is largely bunce which would take a bit longer to sell.. but theres a few oddish items that could surprise.

2. Sell individually. You'd probably make a decent amount and at LEAST double what a bulk seller would pay.
3. Sell in lots. Figs. Play sets. Micro machines. Only thing there is the bunce and tat would likely not sell.. (you could always give it away as a charity fundraiser).

this is just my opinion, I am a tight arse though.

Wow thanks for the in depth summing up I know I'm being lazy but I must be doin eBay wrong cos say I want a price on a certain figure I put in the year the size very specific info I just get flooded with vintage,new,loose and all kinds of figures to sort through that bein said I have never bought or sold on eBay so I could be doin it wrong.undoubtably there is a lot of guff there but is some good stuff as you say in good nick too may I add.im loathe to post anything due to cost and things getting damaged that's why I thought bulk was best.grateful for your time and insight tho.
Oh I'm a tight arise too lol.

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:14 pm

chiffy wrote:Not got a clue on prices but let me know what your after for the fright zone mate weather its complete ir just the box i cant tell but interested either way

Box is in great shape,one of the crows has snapped off the tree but would be an easy glue job,the thing missing is the snake puppet thing which I'm guessing will be as rare as rocking horse shite.some pics anyway for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Michael Sith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 am

Michael Sith wrote:No idea on modern as there is so much of it out there, maybe some more sought after than others, plenty of modern collectors that will give you a steer. If your selling the lion O i maybe interested but depends on price :D


If you look to sell the Lion O, could you let me know, beside SW I collect with my son, the figures of his childhood ( tmnt, motu, GB, Thundercats)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:32 am

Michael Sith wrote:
Michael Sith wrote:No idea on modern as there is so much of it out there, maybe some more sought after than others, plenty of modern collectors that will give you a steer. If your selling the lion O i maybe interested but depends on price :D


If you look to sell the Lion O, could you let me know, beside SW I collect with my son, the figures of his childhood ( tmnt, motu, GB, Thundercats)

You have a price in mind cos I don't believe the prices on eBay cant be right bit on the high side.

User avatar
jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby jedi_mister » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:30 pm

jedi_mister wrote:I'd be interested in first refusal on the Luke X-Wing THX Leaflet MOC and the Bounty Hunters ROTJ Icarus Placemat once you have some valuations


I've re-checked my collection and I actually have both of these :oops: so don't worry about holding them for me if somebody else is interested!
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:01 pm

jedi_mister wrote:
jedi_mister wrote:I'd be interested in first refusal on the Luke X-Wing THX Leaflet MOC and the Bounty Hunters ROTJ Icarus Placemat once you have some valuations


I've re-checked my collection and I actually have both of these :oops: so don't worry about holding them for me if somebody else is interested!

No probs.

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Lion-o pics as requested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Oops one more,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:58 pm
Location: Leeds. West Yorkshire

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Russ J » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Seeing as Jedi Mister isn't in the running for the Luke X-Wing with the THX leaflet I'll be interested in that also the other Luke X-Wing with long Sabre also the Obi-Wan with long Sabre as well....not sure on prices but all are available on fleabay but I'm a tight ass as well and don't wanna pay those prices :lol: ....I do have a price in mind for all three posted but don't wanna feel like I'm insulting you :oops:

Jaguar180180
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Ideas of value / possible bulk sale

Postby Jaguar180180 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Well my mummy says if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all 8)


Return to “Modern Collecting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest