Hello All Avid UK Collector of 6" Black Series

csc74

Hey i finaly found this UK collectors forum. After reading american news sites for years and getting frustrated i wasnt getting UK product centric updates.
Im realy hoping this is the place to be to find out what is out here and what wont be.

For example did we or will we get any of the us store exclusives of kmarts kylo ren and ray or jynn erso. Ive seen kylo in forbidden planet but none of the others. Is there a connecting figure for jyn ersos base planned?
These new stupidly repackaged figures. ... the game stop exclusive droid. Is that coming here?

Where do people buy figures. My reason being:

The sloppy paint apps i like to avoid so online shoppings a no.
Toys r us seem to have limited stock ever of same peg warmers
Forbidden planet get a lot in but mine puts security sticker tags on the boxes that dont come off without damaging the package. I keep them in their boxes

Also im realy wanting a force awakens trooper. Toys r us have shed loads but not one hasnt got a very smudged helmet and looks very sloppy and cheap loooking. Did they somehow get a bulk of rushed cheap ones in stock or are all these troopers bad quality wherever you get them from

I went to florida last year and the lack of figures anywhere in 6" was a shock to me. I expected to fill in huge chunks of my collection but managed to find 3 and trust me i looked everywhere i could
A lot of questions i know but im keen to get up to speed and learn.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Most of the figures I have I bought via Ebay and a few at some conventions. As you are very paticular about the paintwork have you tried to ask any of the sellers to pick out ones that don't have any smudges etc as some of them are willing to do this. Or you could try ebay us for some of the exclusives but quite a few sellers UK based do get them in so you don't have to pay the extortionate import fees.

Lindo

Sith Lord
never actually bought any of these but have always liked the look of the figures and packaging

Karitas

Hey there,

I'm a real black series fan, like to do customs etc, and work in Birmingham - i'd also love to know where people look for these. The city center Forbidden planet gets them in, but it gets like 2 or 3 cases of each wave only, and I have a job.. so its incredibly rare that I beat the other collectors to them. mostly its just a constant unchanging stock of peg warmers. Ive used a few for customs, but thats about it.

My local Toys R us doesn't carry the line, the Disney store doesn't carry them, neither branch of the entertainer near me has them either., and I've never seen one in a supermarket. I am only interested in classic era, so rebels, rogue one and OT - therefore the Force awakens stuff that's been appearing in my local home and bargains hasn't helped.

I do buy online, from FB, TRU and from staractionfigures.co.uk - that site sometimes gets older stock with damaged packages (I opena dn photograph so boxes arent important to me)

The main thing I have found utterly impossible to find are the target exclusives, they wont ship them to UK and recent ones havent appeared in any UK shops that I'm aware of.

I'd really appreciate hearing other UK black series collectors solutions for getting their plastic crack fix.

dlhibbert

Padawan
I only recently started to collect these figures and I think they are great, I can only find them in tru and Argos where I live. I would appreciate any links to reputable sites etc to further expand these delights

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
It is worse up here trying to find them, and if I do manage to find them it is firgures that were released ages ago and priced higher than you can buy online including shipping. Ive mostly bought from the evilbay.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Purchasing Black Series figures is a problem. TRU at Stockport is good for TFA and R1, and they had a few of the 40th figures too. However, as a Lando focus collector I'm keen to get the new Black series figure later this month. Amazon has not even listed it, the independent online shops are listing it out of stock even before it is released and on ebay they are all charging almost twice as much as the RRP. I'm hoping it will appear more later this month.

It seems Hasbro releases large quantities of certain figures, and very few of others. I'd love to get a 40th R2 D2 at RRP but no chance of that!

If you after completing this line in this country it must be a real headache. I'm happy just to get the odd one here and there, but really want that Lando!

MLK

In the United Kingdom I use:

Star Action Figutres
Forbidden Planet
Kapow Toys
ID Toys
Smiths
Overdrive Toys
Geek Toy Store
Amazon
Jedi Robe
Tosche Traders
A1 Toys

You can get some very good deals if you check on a regular basis. Star Actions Figures are doing a full wave
of 6 figures, for just £60 right now. A1 Toys have some very good deals on two SDCC exclusives....
If I get the time, I will post any good offers I see here, as soon as I see them.
Cheers.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Star Action figures is a great offer for the £60 wave. All the figures bar the Scarriff are shite tho but he's a big hitter on his own so just knock the otheres out for a tenner a piece bargain price and you have the Scariff for 10 beans instead of paying £30 for him. I've also got the Lando already. They are on shelves with Rex in some Sainsbury stores. I'm always, buying, selling and trading them but never open them. I've got a qui gon on the way i cant wait to get the ****in gypo :mrgreen:

csc74

Thanks for the info. Whats staractions packing like? Do boxes from these companies arrive in closs to mint condition?

Been noticing in smyths and toys r us and other stores even forpidden planet scoring marks on side of boxes. Im guessing where some knob has been overly heavy with opening the boxes with a blade

chiffy

Sith Lord
Anyone out there wishing to pre order the new solo black series 6 inch wave, the solo 3 3/4 inch wave, millenium falcon, black series vader helmet from geek toy store please would you register via this link so i can grab some reward points thankyou guys....

https://geektoystore.co.uk/account/register?code=290818326539

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom