Large photo EU release POTF II figures

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
OK you modern nerds, some help please.

I know someone here has an nice collection of 8(?) POTF II green carded EU release 3 3/4 figures with the large photos. I can't find the thread now and I can't find what the 8 figures were. Any chance of getting it reposted? I have been lucky enough to find 4 of them for a good price (and a 5th, actually but that's gone AWOL Stateside!). Want to know which other ones I'm missing. So far I know of/have:

Luke Bespin
Hoth Snowtrooper
Grand Moff Tarkin
Admiral Ackbar
Weequay
Han Bespin

Any help is appreciated. Love these things and would love to complete the set!

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
yip it was me that posted it. There's actually 9 in total, I just haven't picked up a really good Luke Bespin to be graded at the moment. :wink:

Just scroll down from this link:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26980&start=75

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cool, thanks stratpack. Nice collection of cards there. So I'm missing the Rebel Commando, Ewoks and ERG. I've been paying, on average, about £8-£9 each including post. Is that about right? I'm sure you could pick them up for a couple of quid with patience but I haven't got much :D

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
If you can get them for that price you're doing really well. Most of my purchases when trying to collect the set for the 2nd time were through Ebay and so I probably paid about on average 12-15 each for the Snowtrooper, Grand Moff, Ewoks and ERG. This was over a long period of time though as they didn't show up very often. Sometimes when they did they'd be damaged so I'd ignore them as I wanted good ones for casing. I think I paid even more for one as somebody in Germany put one up for sale and I must have been flush that month! I haven't really kept tabs on their availability/price at toy fairs recently though. They were always tricky to find back in the day but where I stay I don't get access to a lot of toy fairs mind, so maybe my experience is skewed. :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great info, thank you :)

Four of the five I have are from Germany. The same seller in the last couple of weeks so managed to combine postage and keep the cost down. I was the only bidder on all but the Tarkin and then there was only one other bidder. He hadn't listed them as large photo so I got lucky.

My Snowtrooper was from the US and only cost £7 in total. It's missing at my mate's house at the moment but it'll turn up! I'm counting him as ticked off :lol:

I see there's plenty of Luke Bepsins in the UK for £10 or less. I think you said they were the most common/only ones available in the U.K.?

I have a feeling ERG, Ewoks and the Commando are going to be a bugger to fund. Part of the fun, though!

So, when did these come out? Between the end of the green cards and Freeze Frames? Any idea how long they were on the shelves for? Are there any other decent variants like this? I'm not talking .00/.01 variants but real variants like these cards? I picked up some GiGi cards and a Landspeeder from Grant the other day at Echo Live and like those.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Wow, £7 for the Snowtrooper is an awesome price :eek:

There's always been readily available Luke Bespins. I bought a few recently but none were mint cards despite being described as so. I get sick of people not being accurate with their description so i'm resigned to picking one up when I see one in the flesh.

Yeah Luke Bespin and the Admiral were the two most common in the UK. Hasbro UK mixed these ones in with the older trilogo cards as I remember. Red card trilogo Luke was still being manufactured as late as 97/98 (I'm sure I have a list of date stamps that suggest so). I remember a case being put on the shelf of Stationary Box (remember that old store) with older red/green trilogos plus these 2 characters on Long Picture cards. I initially was only collecting the Euro cards but I relented (like most people) and started picking up the other POTF2 on US cards that weren't ever released on Euro card. Hasbro UK and wholesalers by this time started just shipping out US/Japan cards with a small CE sticker on the back and that was pretty much it for POTF2 (although the Flashback cards got a euro card release). I only ever saw the Admiral and Luke Bespin at retail, perhaps the others did too. I only knew the others existed due to the other figures appearing on the back of the card backs!

This was in 1998 and were released the final year that the Freeze Frame offer was running in the US. The year after they dropped the FF and went for a flashback file card and then a plain Green card (a la Motti, Wuher etc).

Rebelscum have a Euro POTF2 section here:-
http://www.rebelscum.com/eurolist.asp

This lists many of the variations etc. The GIGI ones used to be sold in wholesalers for 2 pounds at one point. I remember buying a load of the GIGI SOTE and D-3BO (Threepio)! Sadly all gone when I sold off my modern stuff years ago. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom