Header image

Collecting on a budget...

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Collecting on a budget...

Postby Spookedhippie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 pm

I think most of you know that a couple of years ago I moved in with my now wife and lost my Star Wars room. The old room had black out blinds and everything was kept safe. My new house had no such space and anything I had would be at the mercy of light. So rather than fret about it I let go of my beloved ree yees collection and vintage goodies in the belief that one day I could return to it...

so where to go? Well as money is tight I went down the Lego route. Some would say this isn't cheap but time and patience has allowed me to amass a small collection, none of which (bar one) have I paid more than 50% of retail value, and the majority about 80-90% off. I thought I'd share what I've got now, as my 4 month old daughter will be stealing the space I've found. What will happen to the Lego?! I have no idea... Enjoy!

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Collecting on a budget...

Postby grinchy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Nice collection of Lego, you have a lot of great pieces there, hope you get to add to it
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby chiffy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am

Lovely stuff Grinch. Personally can't stand lego but maybe thats because ive never had the pleasure of building any. I only buy it now to store untouched for future value but youre display is great buddy. Kids eh? Bout time they designed a special add on house at the bottom of the garden for them to live and grow up in instead of invading all our manspace!

Somewhere beneath the murky Dagobah swamp lies chiffy's feedback thread. Please use or abuse.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13553

Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Carl Waterworth » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 am

Mark, great stuff mate! I love your GG bust of Cody ☺
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Love the blockade runner, great piece. I remember seeing that TFA X-Wing display in Tescos, pretty cool.

Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Spookedhippie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Chiffon completely agree with you...thanks Carl, it's actually sideshows short loved legendary bust... And thanks rob, the blockade is still my favourite of all the sets

Return to “Modern Collecting”