Header image

POTF II Tansition Tray figures - Short Sabre Long tray

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: POTF II Tansition Tray figures - Short Sabre Long tray

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am

_Lee_ wrote:Its bizarre to say the least. This is and old RS thread about it:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... lqReszTZ9A

Wow, great thread Lee. Really highlights how rare they are! It also highlights that there are some really petty, nasty little characters on RS, even back in 2003 :/

Right, on a mission to find a Trasition Tray Obi Wan! :D

stratpack
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby stratpack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:36 pm

I picked up a transition tray Luke farmboy from Argos back in the mid 90s. Think I sold it for about 50 quid in 2004 (had a small tear on the cardback).

Interestingly though I also had Luke farmboy on a POFT2 Gigi card (Guerre Stellari) with transition tray that I had picked up for a couple of quid. Sold it in 2004 for about the same price but really wish I had kept it as I haven't seen another one since. :roll:
Battle-damage stickers should be peelable!

My feedback thread:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22986

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:56 am

stratpack wrote:I picked up a transition tray Luke farmboy from Argos back in the mid 90s. Think I sold it for about 50 quid in 2004 (had a small tear on the cardback).

Interestingly though I also had Luke farmboy on a POFT2 Gigi card (Guerre Stellari) with transition tray that I had picked up for a couple of quid. Sold it in 2004 for about the same price but really wish I had kept it as I haven't seen another one since. :roll:

Damn, that's got to be pretty crazy rare. Great (not) to know there's variations on variations.

jonbon07
New User
New User

Postby jonbon07 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:41 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Thanks guys. So Ben is the bugger, is he? I certainly won't be paying three figures or anything even approaching that for any of them :lol: I'm quite confident I'll end up buying a few collections and end up with them that way.

It's fun this modern collecting. Nice to be talking about single or double digit purchases instead of three figures. I've got. A few first shots and proofs but even they didn't cost much. Well, the Taun-Taun and Luke was a Few quid but he was just to cool to ignore :D I look forward to continuing my small collection.

I have Luke Ben Darth with Long & Short Sabres I'll check on the trays?

Remember paying £30 for Ben for the long sabre back in the day, now I'm cashing in on my collection.

Regards

Jon

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 pm

jonbon07 wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Thanks guys. So Ben is the bugger, is he? I certainly won't be paying three figures or anything even approaching that for any of them :lol: I'm quite confident I'll end up buying a few collections and end up with them that way.

It's fun this modern collecting. Nice to be talking about single or double digit purchases instead of three figures. I've got. A few first shots and proofs but even they didn't cost much. Well, the Taun-Taun and Luke was a Few quid but he was just to cool to ignore :D I look forward to continuing my small collection.

I have Luke Ben Darth with Long & Short Sabres I'll check on the trays?

Remember paying £30 for Ben for the long sabre back in the day, now I'm cashing in on my collection.

Regards

Jon

Jon, definitely worth checking. Although you won't be cashing in I'm afraid: long sabres for for less than a tenner at the moment. Give it another 6-12 months and I think we'll be seeing a significant rise, though. Particularly if vintage still increases at the rate it has been.

av6
Regular
Regular

Postby av6 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I have a few of these POTF 2 figures up in the attic. I'm 100% that I have the long saber Kenobi. I'm pretty certain I have the long saber Luke too. Also a few of the THX leaflet figures. Definitely Boba.

Return to “Modern Collecting”