Header image

Star Wars 40th anniversary Black series – Obi-Wan packaging query.

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Robimus_pr1me
New User
New User

Star Wars 40th anniversary Black series – Obi-Wan packaging query.

Postby Robimus_pr1me » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 pm

Hello everybody, new here and hope you can help me with a conundrum about the 40th anniversary figures, in particular the Obi-Wan Kenobi figure. I am relatively new to collecting and therefore thought I should seek the advice of more experienced people/collectors.

I have noticed that at the bottom of the packaging of the figure there is a small paper manual placed at the bottom of it. This isn't the case with the Princess Leia and Luke figures I purchased earlier. Is this standard for the Obi-Wan Kenobi figure or is this some sort of mistake, or maybe espionage? :twisted: I couldn't find any information on the Internet so hopefully you guys can help me. I've attached a photo so everybody can see.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jamieh72
New User
New User

Re: Star Wars 40th anniversary Black series – Obi-Wan packaging query.

Postby Jamieh72 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Rob,

I have just got back into collecting and have recently joined this forum myself.

Just checked my figures and out of the five I have three Luke, Obi Wan and Leia don't have the paper manual and the other two Han and R2 do. So it looks like it may have just been randomly inserted into the figures.

I am just guessing but this seems the most logical explanation.

Just as a heads up wave 2 of these figures have started to appear as pre order on ebay, they are due out at the end of June.

I hope this is of some help.

Cheers
Jamie

Robimus_pr1me
New User
New User

Postby Robimus_pr1me » Sun May 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Jamie, seem strange that they only do this in some figures', but not all; it spoils the uniformity of the collection! I wonder why this is?

I've preordered a few of the wave two figures, but not all. It is indeed a costly enterprise collecting these things!

Cheers,

Rob

TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:35 pm

All my wave 1 have them --
"The force is strong with this one."

Return to “Modern Collecting”