help please!

reyspeeder

Youngling
Hi can anyone help please? I have this death trooper rather large figure! I don't know where he came from originally and can't find anything like him after searching. It is very heavy and currently sat in my garden as he is too big to bring inside. Does anyone know anything about items like this please? Where he may be from, if there are collectors of such things and any idea of it's value? How would one go about selling it? I would be very grateful if anyone has any ideas please?

(just to say I have him legitimately, nothing dodgy!)

thanks

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aUkKEcKcPsXgdJzFSS7OhFOn-MSVvc-y2stLDDFX6H0Ffx5j9F_i1ADqQS6vtBNHyv2DTeSy0KNPObIGlrp5PU42O7fMc-JVWS52r8z1recwYpHwmjCngcd-gMd5B_ojS68lNbkB-bUgV0Ft3MNzQW42sR-rHKQ1jBY_A-UC0QL0WVpt_c3ZHjZMqmEmkqQTAdHIkAuZrYlMSB-QMgxKC_UFLK8Bmn_uFP6mkj3IYiT3sOXtKr5XZqJ0wAY0SdhyzBFye9hUFyWeWm6bDb97t3CEkKSQ-UrHvkEN_t_J5pTyqXcQ8jp126GWtGRjo_7Szc7zPeq_ojuglN2XmXJ-MCyMbIxSPAOtWWeJZfqzunKWOnCGVr9dmP3OcsydjibaSbnORsJbFl97muzfwkSgxufQ37Eb2MGV8e88ET4aESk8Z4_UzrmXNzKI42jhBdvdvE9hQBEEyuWBqcsqTi8EEQxwe5SPO7N-Uzn-Ry7Pi7I-Wx80jAQldfWgfh1pNS0ko7rpu5AQMpnckVszGt2_cHyLH44YdPEdD2pecTl22QDxhTqZRglrr3_WejlxFk_jK7uwaF81OvIYYOx5K0R1Q1njGUS9YyD_JngM1n-p5i59J0t-ARkxWkxWGhblcwAl5oFtGi91bfZnDmJqWSA5W31MwU3FfcTvVnZOWv-bJg=w359-h638-no

dlhibbert

Padawan
I hope you dont leave it in the garden it looks like a great piece. If you do sell I would be interested

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I know there are currently a life size replica TFA stormtrooper on display in the Disney store in Birmingham, it was made and supplyed by Anovos, which is a US costume manufacturing company licenced by Disney.

Does it have a placard or manufacturers name on it?

reyspeeder

Youngling
Thank you for your replies, it says Anovos on it's base. I think I am going to sell it, our house is very small, and as amazing as he looks in the garden, I think he could find a much better home! I have wrapped it back up to protect it. Any ideas on how much I should be looking to sell it for, or where to sell please? (not greedy, but the money would come in very useful, I have a disabled child and it could pay for more therapy for him)

Thanks again

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Personally i would love it, the wife would have other idea's lol i couldn't even entertain its value though as its probably very limited.

As to where, there is here, there are fb groups or i suppose ebay! Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice :D

If you Google Anovos Deathtrooper It will give you an idea on values when sold at retail.

Bigbadtoystore and others were selling the helmet alone for a pretty penny. This is the full kit and blaster and would have a lot of interest.
Research it, then settle on a value you would be happy with to sell for.
If you sell on ebay, then there are fees to take into consideration. I'm sure you will get interest on here from genuine collectors, who will deal with you fairly.

Keep it well protected as it will obviously devalue with any damage caused in your garden with the weather and marauding pigeons!!

Good luck, very nice.

reyspeeder

Youngling
After a lot more searching I think I have found a picture of where it came from. From OzComicCon. Third from the right looks identical, indentations on his boots etc.
death troopers.png

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Is this a wearable costume that is mounted on a mannequin and could be removed and worn or a full size model?
The two are worth very different amounts...

reyspeeder

Youngling
It is a full sized model, not a costume on a mannequin, Solid and very heavy. It was a competition win! I would love it to find a home with someone who really loves it. It was suggested to me to contact some auction houses to see if they have any idea on value and if they would be interested. Any ideas still welcome please in terms of it's possible value and where to sell. I am a bit reluctant to put it on ebay, been stung there before! Thanks

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Unfortunately the full size models are not as an attractive an item as a wearable costume, they serve no functional purpose other than to stand static on display and look decent. The Death Trooper isn't the most popular of characters, so he won't be a premium (yet), but may prove more popular over time if they appear in other yet to be released films.

I think a Darth Maul (Pepsi promo piece and a very good model), which despite being prequel is much more loved as a character, sold recently on eBay for c£450, though I can't find it in sold listings now to check... :? Jawa's that are fan made (again more popular as they are original trilogy) are selling around £150... R2 units can start around £500 and up then depending on motors and other electronics.

So, I'd GUESS it would be in the £300 region, maybe a touch more to the right person... its certainly a lot of bang for your buck and could see a shop sticking a much bigger price on it, but that both adds a point of interest to the shop itself as well as possibly generating a decent income if it sells.

In contrast, the wearable helmet from Anovos retails at just under £500 alone, building a wearable uniform to go with that is likely to cost you at least that again, maybe more, but that would be wearable as well as displayable.

reyspeeder

Youngling
Thank you for your help! I contacted Anovos to see what info they could give me, they were able to tell me that a very small number were made for the promotion of Rogue One, they were not available to purchase and they were sold for $8500 each, and each one made was slightly different. Interesting to get a bit of history1

reyspeeder

Youngling
The death trooper is going to auction tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing what happens to him!
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/astons/catalogue-id-astons10113/lot-6243c595-dbac-4200-ac35-a7cb010dce80

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Congratulations on the sale.
I got a photo with a similar one at the end of last year in Tokyo. Great item.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom