Value on this?

Dcmojo817

So I was given this by my father. It is a 1995 Wave 2 Boba Fett action figure. Signed by the original actor. I believe Jeremy Bulloch. (Will confirm later). I had looked and can't seem to find any that are signed or unopened.

Attachments

• Boba_Fett_69582_.00_F.jpg
    Boba_Fett_69582_.00_F.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 721

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't mean to be rude, but where did you look? This forum is far more obscure than eBay, which is where I would have thought most people would check first for prices. There's some on there right now (I simply searched for '1995 Boba Fett signed'), so that will tell you how much people are trying to sell these for. The figure is about as rare as a Mars bar, and unfortunately for you, Jeremy Bulloch frequents the convention circuit and signs more than a deaf person, but you might find someone somewhere that wants it eventually. I wouldn't plan your retirement just yet though.

Also, whilst I appreciate that you are a new user and this is your first post, you haven't bothered to introduce yourself or read what's what on this forum, and consequently you have posted this request in the wrong section. Therefore, it has been moved to the correct location by one of the moderators http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34749

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hello, welcome to the forum. What I believe snaketibe was trying to say is we encourage new members to explore the forum for themselves first before posting valuation requests. We get plenty of one post wonders on here who have been stung on eBay and are trying to offload goods unwittingly on forum members. (I don't believe that is the case here).

Your post will have been moved to the Modern Collecting section as it is not deemed vintage. However, there is a thread at the top of the Vintage Valuation Requests section entitled "NEED A VALUATION NEW TO THIS SITE READ THIS FIRST" which is helpful. It encourages you to determine a valuation first before posting which would help you decide whether it was worth posting in the first place and also enables you to have an idea of whether the valuation received reflects your own research. As snaketibe suggested eBay is always a good place to start. You can use the filters to select only items that have been sold and completed to determine approximate selling prices over the last few months.

Also I would encourage you to introduce e yourself first before requesting a valuation using the Who's Who -introduce yourself" thread in the Vintage Collecting Chat section as members are more likely to respond favourably and be encouraged to buy off of you if you have done this and contributed to the site regularly.

Finally I would agree that there is little current value in the item you are interested in selling in the current climate. As it is a gift from your Dad I would suggest holding on to it for now and seeing if its value increases in the future.

It's always nice to see new members. Hopefully now you've found your way on to the forum you'll stay and contribute in the future. I'm still a new member but I've found the insight and knowledge from the guys here invaluable.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Hello, welcome to the forum. What I believe snaketibe was trying to say is we encourage new members to explore the forum for themselves first before posting valuation requests. We get plenty of one post wonders on here who have been stung on eBay and are trying to offload goods unwittingly on forum members. (I don't believe that is the case here).

Your post will have been moved to the Modern Collecting section as it is not deemed vintage. However, there is a thread at the top of the Vintage Valuation Requests section entitled "NEED A VALUATION NEW TO THIS SITE READ THIS FIRST" which is helpful. It encourages you to determine a valuation first before posting which would help you decide whether it was worth posting in the first place and also enables you to have an idea of whether the valuation received reflects your own research. As snaketibe suggested eBay is always a good place to start. You can use the filters to select only items that have been sold and completed to determine approximate selling prices over the last few months.

Also I would encourage you to introduce e yourself first before requesting a valuation using the Who's Who -introduce yourself" thread in the Vintage Collecting Chat section as members are more likely to respond favourably and be encouraged to buy off of you if you have done this and contributed to the site regularly.

Finally I would agree that there is little current value in the item you are interested in selling in the current climate. As it is a gift from your Dad I would suggest holding on to it for now and seeing if its value increases in the future.

It's always nice to see new members. Hopefully now you've found your way on to the forum you'll stay and contribute in the future. I'm still a new member but I've found the insight and knowledge from the guys here invaluable.
Very diplomatically put, but also quite correct. I allowed my irritation at finding a non-vintage request in the wrong thread to influence the tone of my response which, whilst accurate and not exactly rude, could also have been more charitably phrased, and so for any shortcomings in it, I apologise :)

Dcmojo817, if you have any interest in vintage Star Wars, then as TheJabbaWookie says, stick around and you'll find it a cracking little forum full of great, informative, knowledgeable and helpful people. If you have no interest in it, fair enough and goodbye.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Very diplomatically put, but also quite correct. I allowed my irritation at finding a non-vintage request in the wrong thread to influence the tone of my response which, whilst accurate and not exactly rude, could also have been more charitably phrased, and so for any shortcomings in it, I apologise :)

Dcmojo817, if you have any interest in vintage Star Wars, then as TheJabbaWookie says, stick around and you'll find it a cracking little forum full of great, informative, knowledgeable and helpful people. If you have no interest in it, fair enough and goodbye.
I did think about starting with "Snaketibe did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?" but I realised that wouldn't of been very diplomatic of me either :lol:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
It wasn't in the wrong forum though. I had already moved it to the modern collecting forum! Just goes to show that even if we mods actually do something, it still goes unnoticed. :lol:

Snaketibe said:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
It wasn't in the wrong forum though. I had already moved it to the modern collecting forum! Just goes to show that even if we mods actually do something, it still goes unnoticed. :lol:

Snaketibe said:

Actually it was in the wrong thread at the time I started to compose my reply. However, before posting it I noticed that the message had been moved, so I amended my original reply to the one you see above :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom