Header image

Star Wars toy sales down

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Star Wars toy sales down

Postby StarWarsFan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ns-1069479

I HATED THE FILM. The figures looked good but after seeing the film my Luke Jedi figures from TLJ have been stored away rather then been on display. Hated what they did with Luke last time am buying figures before I see the film. Thanks Disney for Killing Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Star Wars toy sales down

Postby lejackal » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm

There may be parts of the new films that we all dislike but Disney have hardly killed Star Wars, there is more content available now than at anytime in history and more kids will love the franchise and it will continue to grow.
They are unlikely to feel the same way about the new films as we do about the OT but that doesn’t mean SW is dead, just diluted down and diversified so that you don’t just have three films every 20 years
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Nita Nitro
Regular
Regular

Postby Nita Nitro » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 am

I find the price and general lack of availability to be the biggest reasons for me not picking more if the figures up...
the movie does have its ups and downs, but I would still buy the figures if they weren’t so dear. :(
You weren't on any mercy mission this time, Your Highness.

Feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29577&hilit=Nita+nitro

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 am

Nita Nitro wrote:I find the price and general lack of availability to be the biggest reasons for me not picking more if the figures up...
the movie does have its ups and downs, but I would still buy the figures if they weren’t so dear. :(

Just give it 6 months and they'll all be £1.99 each. :D
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Nita Nitro
Regular
Regular

Postby Nita Nitro » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:10 am

subzero wrote:
Nita Nitro wrote:I find the price and general lack of availability to be the biggest reasons for me not picking more if the figures up...

Absolutely right... if they would just price them right in the first place :lol:
You weren't on any mercy mission this time, Your Highness.

Feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29577&hilit=Nita+nitro

stratpack
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby stratpack » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Nita Nitro wrote:
subzero wrote:

Absolutely right... if they would just price them right in the first place :lol:

Rails full of Paige, Rose and Finn all from wave 1 and all at 1.99 - its the stuff nightmares are made of! :D
Battle-damage stickers should be peelable!

My feedback thread:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22986

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:39 am

StarWarsFan wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-shipments-down-sharply-force-awakens-1069479

I HATED THE FILM. The figures looked good but after seeing the film my Luke Jedi figures from TLJ have been stored away rather then been on display. Hated what they did with Luke last time am buying figures before I see the film. Thanks Disney for Killing Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, didn't like the film with what they did with Luke etc but there was some good moments in it. But what is it about Americans and Legos!! Ffs it is 'LEGO' there is no 's' in it!
There is no spoon!

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 pm

I agree, didn't like the film with what they did with Luke etc but there was some good moments in it. But what is it about Americans and Legos!! Ffs it is 'LEGO' there is no 's' in it!

These Americans are as stupid as their elected president :shock: But for real: they think that putting in some actors with a British accent makes it a true Star Wars movie after all. Here in my country no big sales of TLJ toys, can even find multiple Luke Master figures :lol: Anyone interested?
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Return to “Modern Collecting”