Header image

Latest Modern Acquisitions

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Regular
Regular

Re: Latest Modern Acquisitions

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Fri May 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Nice one :D :D :D
"The force is strong with this one."

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Fri May 05, 2017 8:59 pm

£100 for the AT-ACT That's a bargain atm....I need one but can't get on atm as I'm on my jollys in Cuba 8) ...I'll buy one when I get back to the UK (Sod's law they'll have sold out before ha ha)

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Fri May 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Some great pickups guys, enjoy your hols mate, :D
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

bosk70
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby bosk70 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:33 pm

I watched the retroblasting review Rogue One SPECIAL: Part 2/2 - of the at act and could not believe how small the inside was to barely fit and figs inside and only one place up front for one driver and the cursed nerf reloader, seems like a pointless amount of tec in it which pushes the price way above most peoples reach and cuts the space inside, way to go Hasbro to sell less :lol: but maybe the kids love the nerf features after all I know they are the target market but at that rrp :shock:
This could have been really good not just good, with a bit more thought but I guess we have been spoilt in the past, think I will take a chance and wait for a boot sale bargain on this as I cannot justify the price for what it is, but would happily pay $50 all day long :)
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Regular
Regular

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Sun May 07, 2017 12:06 am

Yes i agree Hasbro has lost the plot a little with new modern toys

But buying them at right price is key :D

monkey_roo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby monkey_roo » Sun May 07, 2017 6:54 pm

To be fair, as kids toys they are quite good, sure the big nerd shit is annoying to us oldies but the 10 and under club can't get enough of it, pretty much every vehicle has been 50-80% off within six months are either Argos, Tescos or ToysRUs so if you wait then the deal will come.

I do agree Hasbro may make toys for kids but at their current RRP they are not shifting, he'll even 9.99+ for an action figure is daft, they need to get back to 5.99 figures, 20-50 for the core vehicles and 100ish for the big special vehicles, they will shift a lot more units with those price points than they currently do...
Hamington Chronicles Volume 1 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L2BXOJ0
Hamington Chronicles Volume 2 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RNH5WI8
Hamington Chronicles Volume 3 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01412RVI6

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 pm

I agree, wish they'd drop the nerf feature but it is aimed at kids not us collectors, its a pass for me, just not excited by the toy but it is cool looking.
Hasbro have done some great vehicles, my favourite by far is the big millennium falcon from a few years ago, that's a playset and a half, lights, movie sounds, just a brilliant toy, they have said they couldn't do this toy again at an affordable pricepoint, i paid close to 200 on the secondary market, its missing a few bits but i am glad to have it, i repainted mine and its a centrepiece of the collection
Hope to see more from them in this vein
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Wed May 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Picked up these 2 droids. 13 more to go for a full carded run.

Managed to get these 2 on ebay for a quite reasonable price, still can't find any for sale anywhere else yet.

And finally a nice Thrawn haul, got the figure from America in the end as still no luck in any shops! Also treated myself to the limited edition black cover novel.

TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Regular
Regular

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Wed May 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Awesome Thrawn figure :D

Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Spookedhippie » Wed May 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Love the Thrawn book, did you order that from the us as well?

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Wed May 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Spookedhippie wrote:Love the Thrawn book, did you order that from the us as well?

Yes got that from America too, although I just got a signed version on ebay, posted from UK.

monkey_roo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby monkey_roo » Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

Not a toy comment, but reading Thrawn right now - loving it, first SW novel where i am routing for the Empire (or Imperial characters) and when i watch a few rebels episodes i now look at Thrawn and his interactions with the Rebels and Lothal in a different light.

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Thu May 11, 2017 11:11 am

monkey_roo wrote:Not a toy comment, but reading Thrawn right now - loving it, first SW novel where i am routing for the Empire (or Imperial characters) and when i watch a few rebels episodes i now look at Thrawn and his interactions with the Rebels and Lothal in a different light.

So far I've read Lost Stars, Bloodline, Aftermath Trilogy, Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Rogue One Catalyst and Thrawn.

It's really interesting to read so much now from the Imperial point of view, and describing the Rebels as terrorists.

Have we got it wrong all these years?! :o

I'm currently halfway through the Rogue One novelisation, with Rebel Rising, Guardians of the Whills and Battlefront: Twilight Company lined up next. Quite a few books pre-ordered as well.

monkey_roo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby monkey_roo » Thu May 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah, doing the same.
Never read any of the novels from back in the day. but am piling through the new canon.

Read Catalyst and Rogue one (both great) then the aftermath trilogy, i found the writing style a little jarring to start with but got used to it and after three book, loved the characters and the threads it lays leading Bloodline (again very good) and Force Awakens, which i found to actually be the worst of the books so far.

I have all the others you listed waiting on the shelve, shame i only have a 30 min commute to work these days otherwise i would be getting through these a lot quicker.

Given the way Thrawn is written i struggle to see another book coming out with him as the focus, but i really hope they do, maybe something covering his time during the clone wars and interacting with a certain young Jedi?

TRILOGY COLLECTOR
Regular
Regular

Postby TRILOGY COLLECTOR » Thu May 11, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm just finishing off the last few episodes of current season of rebels - must say Thrawn is my fav character. Awesome character !!

Return to “Modern Collecting”