Legacy falcon paintjob, also x wing, a bit of paint goes a long way

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thought i'd share these repaints I did of the big millennium falcon toy of a few years ago, and the oversized x wing toy Hasbro put out recently
The falcon is a great toy, it has movie sounds and phrases, and it also lights up, only problem with it is its a bit plain, I fixed that with a lot of acrylic glazes I made, mixes of gray black and brown glazes brushed on then wiped of leaving the detail in the plating and wiring shaded, I airbrushed on some of it hear and there, I went a bit heavy as I like the falcon really dirty.

RtiRkxvl.jpg

Next up was the x wing, this was repainted in the same way as the falcon, really pleased with this one, originally i was planning on opening up the cockpit and adding a seat and controls, but just decided on the basic weathering job on it

UWYnFdpl.jpg

lastly heres a quick pic so you can see the size of the x wing next to the falcon, this was when i first started in my room display

5syAHiel.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
My lad is into Transformers and has done very similar with some figures, he weathered some to look like they had rusted and the results are pretty damn good.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Super work Grinchy you hav a great touch with the paints, weathering looks super, great work 8)

They look miles better like this

EvsKev

Youngling
Yup, really captures that 'lived-in' look :) The X-wing is totally transformed! Amazing stuff dude :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate appreciate it, :D
I donated the x wing to a charity fundraiser, just bought another one so I can fix it up like the first

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Cheers mate appreciate it, :D
I donated the x wing to a charity fundraiser, just bought another one so I can fix it up like the first.

Cheers guys, yeah it doesn't take to long to do and adds a lot of character, your lads transformers sounds ace Ruby2511

Cheers Grinchy, here's an example of his work.
1524339846363-1529783239.jpg
1524339774837321612395.jpg

What a nice gesture to give the x wing to charity, should imagine it was a hit.

Russ :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
That's some stellar work, Grinchy! I can't believe how much better they look with the weathering. It makes me wish Hasbro had bothered trying to do something similar in the first place.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, yeah its a simple job to bring out all the details that are there in the toys, shame they don't do it themselves, but I enjoy painting them myself

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom