Advice- selling a modern collection

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

What would be the best way to sell 200+ modern carded figures? The majority are POTF2, EP1, TFA, R2 and TFA.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Depends on how much effort you want to put in and how much cash you want out.

When i got rid of my collection i ended up using a shop to sell it for me and they took a cut. The downside is the cut was 30%, but on the plus side i got to control the price, didn't have to deal with eBay or multiple private shipping, didn't have to deal with 'people' who would complain or haggle etc. Also being in a shop the foot traffic meant the stuff went quite quickly, all i had to do was drop off and then pick up the cash later.

You could always sell to a dealer but they will look to make 200-300% so you will only get pennies on the pound there, only up side is the speed of the deal.

Otherwise individual listings here or eBay, probably get the most money but the highest levels of hassle and take the longest?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
When it comes to Star Wars the best advice is don't sell anything ever. You'll only regret it and buy the stuff back at vastly inflated prices. The Phantom Menace figures are due to go up massively any minute now. I bought loads of them back in the day and carted them around from house move to house move. In the end I got angry and took them all down the charity shop. I'm dreading the moment they rocket up in price! I've bought loads of TFA figures and am keeping them instead of getting a pension. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It feels good buying these little figures but they soon mount up then you have the eternal dilemma... that little voice that whispers, maybe I should get rid???? I could really use the space!

Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom