UK store stocks in decline?

Spewson

Hi there. First time posting. Hope I'm doing it all right.

Has anyone else noticed the sever decline in star wars toys stock across the UK market? Specifically in shops like smyths, the entertainer and argos.

Only last year I could wander into any of these shops (mainly smyths and the entertainer) and find a good selection of figures and vehicles from the hasbro 3.75 range. Often they were on sale too so I could grab a few bargains. This was the norm for the release of force awakens and carried on when rogue one came out. But now I'm having trouble finding last jedi stock and there's literally no Solo stock anywhere.

Any ideas what's going on? I need to catch up with the last jedi stuff but can't find a canto bight skif or an a - wing anywhere. I know I can pay top whack for them on ebay or places like forbidden planet but I miss going to find a bargain or just being pleasantly surprised with a decent deal.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Spewson

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agree with this- have only seen a couple of Solo Figures in the Disney Store. R1 figs in the discount places, TFA peg warmers and R1 in Smyths and TLJ peg warmers in Tesco. Rubbish. Come on Hasbro, sort it out!

lejackal

Grand Master
Sadly if no one is buying because of the constant stream of new figure lines for new movies, SW and others, there will be limited uptake especially as the retailers always seem to have to reduce to peanuts to move them on.

lejackal

Grand Master
Although equally if there were a better selection and distribution of hard to find figures they might actually get more sales......it does look very much like a vicious circle

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I remember this happened with the POTF2 line. Think it was Wave 3 that took an eternity to arrive. Hasbro were just supplying Luke Dagobah, Luke Farmboy and Luke X-wing and seemed to be wondering why they were just sitting in shops, unsold. Meanwhile, the States were getting Cantina aliens, Jawas, Tuskens, Imperial Gunners, Sandtroopers etc. Took Hasbro UK around a year to get these released on Tri-logo green cards :roll: I remember a few boxes of Wave 3 arriving and the whole lot were gone within a couple of days.

I was working in a toy department at the time and spoke to the Hasbro reps at Toy Fair. They had absolutely no clue about their market. Quite embarrassing really.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Although not based in the UK, the same 'problem' here in the Netherlands. There's only one big toy seller left here (due to the crisis?) and after TFA they are reluctant selling toys from new SW movies. Now TLJ toys can be bought for bargain prices (about 4 GBP each) and they sell many Rose, Hux and Kylo figures and a few Stormtrooper, Chewbacca and Rey figures. And yes, even Luke Jedi Master for about 4 GBP :? Also saw a few B-Wings for bargain prices and of course this kind of commtech reader stupid device (can't remember the name) with the Kylo figure.

Managed to buy me some R1 figures for about 2 GBP (K2SO, Kanan Stormtrooper and R1 Stormtrooper). Because they do look descent, not because of the movie (don't hate R1, it's ok by me).

But no Solo figures and vehicles in the shop. Mhhhh, strange is it :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom