Header image

Whats irritating you?

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Sundancer Squadron
New User
New User

Whats irritating you?

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Interested in hearing other peoples opinions on all things modern star wars collecting, issues and what is bugging the hell out of you all within the hobby. So far the complete lack of availability within stores anywhere both brick and mortar stores and online retailers, Hasbros inconsistent quality control and god damn it why oh why did they have to stick a poxy nerf thing on the U wing, and bendy wings???

And the x wing, id like one but can I find one anywhere without the stupidly inflated prices? bloody scalpers :x

Hmm vent, go for it 8)
Wanted
Ralph Mcquarrie concept series 30th anniversary figures
2007 gold sqn Y wing also the vintage collection Y wing
Legacy collection AT-TE

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Whats irritating you?

Postby lejackal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:31 pm

The distribution, particularly here in the UK, is a joke. It should not be harder to buy something made in the last 12 months than a Yak or Blue Snag FFS :lol:

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:28 pm

I think the lack of anything modern as well in our British stores, its just the same old tat that keeps doing the rounds and its been like that for a while now !!!

Also a lot of vintage items are really heavily inflated by some sellers on a lot of well known selling sites. I admit that this makes it difficult for those of us that are on a budget, almost rendering a lot of items impossible to buy.

Rant over :lol:
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 pm

I don’t even remember seeing most of the current bargain black series figures being available at the time they were actually released, now they’re half price or less :lol:

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm

I don’t bother with any of it anymore, it’s all shite. The best modern era (if there is such a thing) was about 04’ - 10’. Saga, 30th, Legacy etc. Even TFA and R1 figures aren’t too bad to look at but the brand new current ones are awful. And the quality of all the new figures is terrible. I saw a two pack Chirrut Imwe and his mate with the big gun in Sainsbury’s today and the figures looked so bad they were literally like some cheap 50p key ring. It was £13!! :shock: And that was on special. Hasbro have lost the plot when it comes to action figures. Got no interest in any of it, been gradually selling a lot of my modern.

Sundancer Squadron
New User
New User

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 pm

Must admit, im enjoying collecting the 30th anniversary and clone wars stuff. Its something I completely ignored but seems to be some of the best stuff with a large variety when it comes to vehicles and craft. Id like to get some of the legacy stuff too at some point, falcon and an AT AT for sure so let me know if anyone has one. 8)

As for availability, still trying to track down the red A wing that I was released a short while ago. Even the blue one with tally seems to be thin on the ground but managed to nab one.
Wanted
Ralph Mcquarrie concept series 30th anniversary figures
2007 gold sqn Y wing also the vintage collection Y wing
Legacy collection AT-TE

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 am

UK price and availability for me.

US have a lot more stock (and stores / concessions) and cheaper than ours at full retail. Their discounts seem better and quicker to reduce.

I feel UK aint selling the volume so perhaps the demand is not there? In the end, perhaps the films aint producing as much hype or excitement and respective children / parents buying them wont fork out when there are cheaper toys about.

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

Taffius wrote:UK price and availability for me.

US have a lot more stock (and stores / concessions) and cheaper than ours at full retail. Their discounts seem better and quicker to reduce.

I feel UK aint selling the volume so perhaps the demand is not there? In the end, perhaps the films aint producing as much hype or excitement and respective children / parents buying them wont fork out when there are cheaper toys about.

Ditto

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 am

I got bit by a horse fly the other day.

None Star Wars but very irritating. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:41 pm

My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Also if anyone see's a black series " thrawn in home bargains etc - grab me one please, sod all in mine except 20 kylos :?
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Frunkstar wrote:My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Also if anyone see's a black series " thrawn in home bargains etc - grab me one please, sod all in mine except 20 kylos :?

:lol: :lol: same in our local store, will look out for you though :wink:
Russ

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:
Frunkstar wrote:My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Appreciate that, had a few figures in our local one & I'm off to Anglesea for a car boot if the weather hold out sunday so I can check like 4 HB's, bet i can't find him, was real tempted by the flame trooper, but have told myself unless I find a Thrawn I am not going to start on the 6" figures
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Frunkstar wrote:
Ruby2511 wrote:

Appreciate that, had a few figures in our local one & I'm off to Anglesea for a car boot if the weather hold out sunday so I can check like 4 HB's, bet i can't find him, was real tempted by the flame trooper, but have told myself unless I find a Thrawn I am not going to start on the 6" figures

I'm off in the trailer tent this weekend and were we are staying is a HB store that is massive, will see if it throws a thrawn up :D
Russ

Nita Nitro
Regular
Regular

Postby Nita Nitro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 pm

My local toy shop had a chopper last time I was in... the cards on the rebels stock are pretty damaged because of the way they displayed them but if card condition doesn’t matter I can grab him for you, providing he’s still there, next time I’m in. :)
You weren't on any mercy mission this time, Your Highness.

Feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29577&hilit=Nita+nitro

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Nita Nitro wrote:

My local toy shop had a chopper last time I was in... the cards on the rebels stock are pretty damaged because of the way they displayed them but if card condition doesn’t matter I can grab him for you, providing he’s still there, next time I’m in. :)

That'd be ace thanks, I don't care about the card as he'd be being bust straight out anyhow ;)

Please do LMK :)

Return to “Modern Collecting”