Header image

Whats irritating you?

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Whats irritating you?

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:
Frunkstar wrote:
Ruby2511 wrote:
:lol: :lol: same in our local store, will look out for you though :wink:

Appreciate that, had a few figures in our local one & I'm off to Anglesea for a car boot if the weather hold out sunday so I can check like 4 HB's, bet i can't find him, was real tempted by the flame trooper, but have told myself unless I find a Thrawn I am not going to start on the 6" figures

I'm off in the trailer tent this weekend and were we are staying is a HB store that is massive, will see if it throws a thrawn up :D

I shall keep everything crossed for both our missions
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Nita Nitro
Regular
Regular

Postby Nita Nitro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Frunkstar wrote:
Nita Nitro wrote:
Frunkstar wrote:My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Also if anyone see's a black series " thrawn in home bargains etc - grab me one please, sod all in mine except 20 kylos :?

My local toy shop had a chopper last time I was in... the cards on the rebels stock are pretty damaged because of the way they displayed them but if card condition doesn’t matter I can grab him for you, providing he’s still there, next time I’m in. :)

That'd be ace thanks, I don't care about the card as he'd be being bust straight out anyhow ;)

Please do LMK :)

No worries, I’ll check for him next time I’m in and message you if I get him :)
You weren't on any mercy mission this time, Your Highness.

Feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29577&hilit=Nita+nitro

Sundancer Squadron
New User
New User

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 am

Was he really that much of a pain to get hold of? Ill check Home bargains on the way home from work, I suspect an abundance of Kylos but will try.

My local B&M store still has not a single SW related item in I have noticed, odd. Come to think of it, I have noticed Sainsburys Morrisons and other supermarkets have removed all the SW stock they had including the 12inch figures.
Wanted
Ralph Mcquarrie concept series 30th anniversary figures
2007 gold sqn Y wing also the vintage collection Y wing
Legacy collection AT-TE

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 am

Sundancer Squadron wrote:Was he really that much of a pain to get hold of? Ill check Home bargains on the way home from work, I suspect an abundance of Kylos but will try.

My local B&M store still has not a single SW related item in I have noticed, odd. Come to think of it, I have noticed Sainsburys Morrisons and other supermarkets have removed all the SW stock they had including the 12inch figures.

He's as rare as rocking horse shit :lol:
Our local HB is full of Kylo's and disney infinity twin packs. They seem to have all or nothing these retailers at the moment, shame really as they could make a killing if they got the buying right :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Sundancer Squadron
New User
New User

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm sure HB and B&M purchase overstock from other distributers, would explain the amount of Kylo kicking about. Didn't realise Thrawn was a bit of a shit to find, was this just 3.75 or the 6 inch or even both?
Wanted
Legacy collection AT-TE

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Sundancer Squadron wrote:I'm sure HB and B&M purchase overstock from other distributers, would explain the amount of Kylo kicking about. Didn't realise Thrawn was a bit of a shit to find, was this just 3.75 or the 6 inch or even both?

The 6 inch black series is a shit to find, dont know if you can get him in the 3.75 ?

Think the bargain retailers do buy a lot of stock from other distributers at stupidly low prices, then knock them out at daft prices.
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby naughtyjedi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Im going to defend the modern collecting as appears to be some misconceptions..

the black series 6 inch and 3.75 inch are staggeringly brilliant most of the time. At the moment the scultps are breathtaking and the detail and realism is very very good. There have been some ropey ones early on, but just take a look at the Gamoorean Guard, Enfys nest with speeder, Rey Island Journey, Jaina solo, for 6inch (along with your usual faves) and recently i picked up ponda baba, ackbar, ERG and some leias in the 3.75 inch line. Ponda comes with a whole load of arms and hands.. the ERG comes with two helmets and weapons. The detail is just wonderful.

http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=12163
http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=4832
http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=9099
In order to bring this figure to life Hasbro combined the look of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in the head sculpt, so you get Harrison Ford's smirk and Carrie Fisher's facial features

with toys r us going, and failing to adapt, you need to turn your attention to online stores such as:
darkside toys
indemand toys
staraction figures
forbidden planet

Get your pre orders in as soon as they go up. subscribe to their mailing lists.

Smyths is pointless, the entertainer is good at the moment, but you are fighting a losing battle with them.

-------

I dont believe kids are into toys that much. We are though, so the demand is there, just not the mass demand there once was. Brick and mortar needs to evolve. Maybe more pop up enterprises in larger stores. eg in my local large sainsburys, there is an argos. I also think Hasbro are testing the water with HASLABS and will do more 'crowdfunded' type projects. Minimum number in time frames, at least there isnt much 'waste', let fans pre order what they want. Lets face it, how many of us will order multiples on stuff to sell later. I prefer it, at least im not hunting around or paying over the odds.

Sundancer Squadron
New User
New User

Postby Sundancer Squadron » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:03 am

Yes got to agree, though some right dogs have popped up from time to time we have got some nice ones as well. Jaina solo is a clear winner in the 6inch line and another good example would in my opinion be the 3.75 Leigh in boushh attire. I'm sure they released her in 6inch form as well, one id like to grab at some point along with Lando, another not so bad figure.
Wanted
Legacy collection AT-TE

Return to “Modern Collecting”