Whats irritating you?

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Interested in hearing other peoples opinions on all things modern star wars collecting, issues and what is bugging the hell out of you all within the hobby. So far the complete lack of availability within stores anywhere both brick and mortar stores and online retailers, Hasbros inconsistent quality control and god damn it why oh why did they have to stick a poxy nerf thing on the U wing, and bendy wings???

And the x wing, id like one but can I find one anywhere without the stupidly inflated prices? bloody scalpers :x

Hmm vent, go for it 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
The distribution, particularly here in the UK, is a joke. It should not be harder to buy something made in the last 12 months than a Yak or Blue Snag FFS :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I think the lack of anything modern as well in our British stores, its just the same old tat that keeps doing the rounds and its been like that for a while now !!!

Also a lot of vintage items are really heavily inflated by some sellers on a lot of well known selling sites. I admit that this makes it difficult for those of us that are on a budget, almost rendering a lot of items impossible to buy.

Rant over :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't even remember seeing most of the current bargain black series figures being available at the time they were actually released, now they're half price or less :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I don't bother with any of it anymore, it's all shite. The best modern era (if there is such a thing) was about 04' - 10'. Saga, 30th, Legacy etc. Even TFA and R1 figures aren't too bad to look at but the brand new current ones are awful. And the quality of all the new figures is terrible. I saw a two pack Chirrut Imwe and his mate with the big gun in Sainsbury's today and the figures looked so bad they were literally like some cheap 50p key ring. It was £13!! :shock: And that was on special. Hasbro have lost the plot when it comes to action figures. Got no interest in any of it, been gradually selling a lot of my modern.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Must admit, im enjoying collecting the 30th anniversary and clone wars stuff. Its something I completely ignored but seems to be some of the best stuff with a large variety when it comes to vehicles and craft. Id like to get some of the legacy stuff too at some point, falcon and an AT AT for sure so let me know if anyone has one. 8)

As for availability, still trying to track down the red A wing that I was released a short while ago. Even the blue one with tally seems to be thin on the ground but managed to nab one.

Taffius

Sith Lord
UK price and availability for me.

US have a lot more stock (and stores / concessions) and cheaper than ours at full retail. Their discounts seem better and quicker to reduce.

I feel UK aint selling the volume so perhaps the demand is not there? In the end, perhaps the films aint producing as much hype or excitement and respective children / parents buying them wont fork out when there are cheaper toys about.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Taffius said:
UK price and availability for me.

US have a lot more stock (and stores / concessions) and cheaper than ours at full retail. Their discounts seem better and quicker to reduce.

I feel UK aint selling the volume so perhaps the demand is not there? In the end, perhaps the films aint producing as much hype or excitement and respective children / parents buying them wont fork out when there are cheaper toys about.

Ditto

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I got bit by a horse fly the other day.

None Star Wars but very irritating. :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Also if anyone see's a black series " thrawn in home bargains etc - grab me one please, sod all in mine except 20 kylos :?

:lol: :lol: same in our local store, will look out for you though :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
Frunkstar said:
My rant is short & sweet - I WANT a Chopper from Rebels, can I bloody find one??

Also if anyone see's a black series " thrawn in home bargains etc - grab me one please, sod all in mine except 20 kylos :?

Appreciate that, had a few figures in our local one & I'm off to Anglesea for a car boot if the weather hold out sunday so I can check like 4 HB's, bet i can't find him, was real tempted by the flame trooper, but have told myself unless I find a Thrawn I am not going to start on the 6" figures

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Ruby2511 said:
Frunkstar said:

Appreciate that, had a few figures in our local one & I'm off to Anglesea for a car boot if the weather hold out sunday so I can check like 4 HB's, bet i can't find him, was real tempted by the flame trooper, but have told myself unless I find a Thrawn I am not going to start on the 6" figures

I'm off in the trailer tent this weekend and were we are staying is a HB store that is massive, will see if it throws a thrawn up :D

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Frunkstar said:

My local toy shop had a chopper last time I was in... the cards on the rebels stock are pretty damaged because of the way they displayed them but if card condition doesn't matter I can grab him for you, providing he's still there, next time I'm in. :)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Nita Nitro said:
Frunkstar said:

My local toy shop had a chopper last time I was in... the cards on the rebels stock are pretty damaged because of the way they displayed them but if card condition doesn't matter I can grab him for you, providing he's still there, next time I'm in. :)

That'd be ace thanks, I don't care about the card as he'd be being bust straight out anyhow ;)

Please do LMK :)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
Frunkstar said:
Ruby2511 said:

I'm off in the trailer tent this weekend and were we are staying is a HB store that is massive, will see if it throws a thrawn up :D

I shall keep everything crossed for both our missions

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Frunkstar said:
Nita Nitro said:
Frunkstar said:

That'd be ace thanks, I don't care about the card as he'd be being bust straight out anyhow ;)

Please do LMK :)

No worries, I'll check for him next time I'm in and message you if I get him :)

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Was he really that much of a pain to get hold of? Ill check Home bargains on the way home from work, I suspect an abundance of Kylos but will try.

My local B&M store still has not a single SW related item in I have noticed, odd. Come to think of it, I have noticed Sainsburys Morrisons and other supermarkets have removed all the SW stock they had including the 12inch figures.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Was he really that much of a pain to get hold of? Ill check Home bargains on the way home from work, I suspect an abundance of Kylos but will try.

My local B&M store still has not a single SW related item in I have noticed, odd. Come to think of it, I have noticed Sainsburys Morrisons and other supermarkets have removed all the SW stock they had including the 12inch figures.

He's as rare as rocking horse **** :lol:
Our local HB is full of Kylo's and disney infinity twin packs. They seem to have all or nothing these retailers at the moment, shame really as they could make a killing if they got the buying right :D

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm sure HB and B&M purchase overstock from other distributers, would explain the amount of Kylo kicking about. Didn't realise Thrawn was a bit of a **** to find, was this just 3.75 or the 6 inch or even both?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom