Header image

The LEGO Corner

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: The LEGO Corner

Postby Spookedhippie » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 am

Is there a minimum spend on that roo? Don't even get me started on the website, how is it an improvement!?

monkey_roo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby monkey_roo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm not aware of a minimum spend but since you struggle to spend less than £30+ on their site given the prices of Lego now it's probably not much of a consideration.

Yeah, I knew the site was being changed last November as I was interviewing for a job with Lego (signed stuff and wasn't allowed to talk about it) during the process I asked how much of the work was driven by customer feedback compaired to marketing desire and how much was a re-skin v's a rebuild to increase load capacity and stability. I never got an answer, nor the job, but when the site launched the other week suspect I got my answer...

The acid test will be on the 30th when all the new Lego rouge one sets go on sale and the Star Wars promo kicks in, if the site buckles as it always did with major events then people will really complain, if it holds up and everyone can order at 1 minute past midnight and the ecommerce flow runs smoothly then that is something positive.
Hamington Chronicles Volume 1 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L2BXOJ0
Hamington Chronicles Volume 2 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RNH5WI8
Hamington Chronicles Volume 3 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01412RVI6

sith-smith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby sith-smith » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 pm

martial arts, death, killing stuff......crazy fucking ninja.

MY FEEDBACK

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:37 am

Cheeky little plug for my sales thread :D

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p424997
SOLD

Last edited by lejackal on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jedi_masters
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby jedi_masters » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm

First bit of Lego I've bought in a few years. Saw it, loved it and bought it seeing as Barclaycard had given me an interest refund!!

IMG_5296.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for:

Star Tours items
Yoda- Pre Production items - vintage, modern, anything from any range.
Star Wars Books!!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Nice purchase, Chris :) I'm off to the opening of the Lego store in Leicester Square tomorrow and hope to pick one up then along with the Christmas Train set.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:53 am

The opening of the Leicester Square Lego Store this morning. Quite the media circus! Sorry for pants photos. Not very good with mobiles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jedi_masters
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby jedi_masters » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Its amazing really how a company can turn itself round. A few years ago Lego were looking at going bust.

I wish I had the money to buy as much Lego as I can. Love the stuff, way more than Star Wars!! :oops: (I'll get my coat and leave quietly admitting that on a Star Wars forum)
Looking for:

Star Tours items
Yoda- Pre Production items - vintage, modern, anything from any range.
Star Wars Books!!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

jedi_masters wrote:Its amazing really how a company can turn itself round. A few years ago Lego were looking at going bust.

I wish I had the money to buy as much Lego as I can. Love the stuff, way more than Star Wars!! :oops: (I'll get my coat and leave quietly admitting that on a Star Wars forum)

:lol:

I get what you mean, mate. It's incredible. And what a transformation: from bust to 2nd largest toy manufacturer in the world! I'm in awe of the company itself.

The store opening was a great event. Really good atmosphere despite the queues (over and hour just to pay!) and it's an incredible store, a real flagship. The staff were all hyped and great and the Mayor of London and the CFO of Lego showed up to do the official opening which added to the ocassion.

I also bumped into two faces that are regulars at FF! Had a good long chat in the queue, which was great and passed the time in a most pleasant way.

A few more photos from inside (incredible models) and my "haul". I didn't win a Lester minifigure (rumoured to be only 200 made so expect a £500+ price tag on eBay) but the bottom two rows were all freebies having bought my daughter the Festive Train and myself the bus and Yellow Submarine. Never bought to much Lego instore in one go and thanks to the double points it came to only £117.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 pm

was it the rights too starwars that saved them? about 2000 i know the mid late 90s were hard for them

they have the rights too loads of stuff now its amazing

there were some documentaries on lego on c4 last xmas v interesting

i think the cusco / ideas line is genius. gives all fans a oppurtunity too see there creation boxed up for sale they even get a cut for each unit sold its like 0.5% or something but still

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Yeah, SW in particular saved them although it was the general approach of franchising the likes of SW, Harry Potter, LOTR, Jurassic Park, etc. that's gone from saving them to making them boom. Great success story.

The Cusoo range range is brilliant. I love the idea fans get to see their sets on the shelves. Those documentaries were great on Lego although it came across a bit cultish. C4 were there yesterday so I'm sure there's another in the pipeline. I'm sure everyone there was on camera lots but it felt every time I turned around some little chap or other had a big camera stuck in my face so I'm expecting to see myself looking like a big kid in a sweet shop sometime soon :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:42 pm

And have you seen what the "Lester" exclusive figure is going for? One with bids at the moment for £1,510 and someone else asking 2.5k with a joker asking 3.5k. And you thought the SW market was full of piss takers?

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Some pretty good deals about on lego.com/shop and elsewhere.

My favourite deal is for this set. Sold out and retired on Lego it's been on the shelves forever. Nonetheless, a great set and a great price at 10% off. The Pet Shop is part of the modular series:

http://www.johnlewis.com/store/lego-cre ... ction=jump

Just ordered this superb Friends set for my daughter. It's got lots in it for the money and 20% off makes it a great deal. Don't forget you also get a superb free Christmas gift and 5% in loyalty points. If Quidco ever gets back online you'll also get another 3% in cashback.

However, this is possibly the best buy at the Lego shop. A brilliant model:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Volkswagen- ... -Van-10220

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:12 pm

20% off the big Tie Fighter on Lego.com just now down to £135 merry xmas to me :D
There is no spoon!

sith-smith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby sith-smith » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Missed out on the lego tree ornament

Though the current gift for over £60 looks cool

Any idea when they might offer double points?
martial arts, death, killing stuff......crazy fucking ninja.

MY FEEDBACK

Return to “Modern Collecting”