Page 56 of 58

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 pm
by Spookedhippie
Lol awesome thanks dude!

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 pm
by coomber75
just drop me a line when ready ir do a payment plan if want

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm
by Palifan
I've just heard that there's a Cloud City UCS set due out this year, I'm probably late to the party on that one but it sounds like it's going to be $500 and wondered if anyone has heard any other news about it?

Ian

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:36 pm
by Mr-shifter
They did a cloud city before. It’s worth a fortune because it was utter shit and no one bought it. It’s got some exclusive minifigs as well that go for silly money.

I hope if they do make it again it’s nothing like the first one. One of the worst lego sets I have ever seen.

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 pm
by monkey_roo
Yes, there is a a roomer doing the rounds that Cloud City will be coming our way this year, and 500 is the price tag.

I can't find the list (on brickiest somewhere) but there are a few big D2C sets rumored to be heading our way:

Imperial Star Destroyer (200)
Cloud City (500)
Avengers Infinity Wars (200)
Hogwarts Castle (500)

No idea if that is true, no leaked images or details, there are a few people claiming to match set numbers to descriptions and prices, but that doesn't mean much right now.

Personally i think Cloud City is a still a stretch, mainly because it is quite dull, and Death Star aside Playsets don't sell well at this price point. But who knows, the potential for some much needed figure updates (Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, Lando etc.) is there, but really beyond the carbo chamber and the 'I am your father' fight scene, there isn't really much to put in a set - but we will see.

My main worry if all that is true is we will have three sets out there in the 500+ price point and that is setting a new ceiling for Lego which will allow them to increase all their prices below, and sets are already too expensive (thank god for Amazon and their regular 30% off).

Anyway, mostly bought from Amazon on the afore mentioned discounted price, just working my way through most of the Last Jedi sets. Despite early reviews being negative and so forth, i am finding i rather like them. The new AT-AT is great, i love the industrial, chunkier look and the head even manages to look menacing (far better than the last AT-AT to me). The speeder is a great set, lovely vehicle. Oddly the small shuttle was a fun build with good play features. The Island hut is nice, very detailed inside. Haven't build the Star Destroyer yet, but will get there...

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 pm
by Palifan
monkey_roo wrote:Yes, there is a a roomer doing the rounds that Cloud City will be coming our way this year, and 500 is the price tag.

I can't find the list (on brickiest somewhere) but there are a few big D2C sets rumored to be heading our way:

Imperial Star Destroyer (200)
Cloud City (500)
Avengers Infinity Wars (200)
Hogwarts Castle (500)

No idea if that is true, no leaked images or details, there are a few people claiming to match set numbers to descriptions and prices, but that doesn't mean much right now.

Personally i think Cloud City is a still a stretch, mainly because it is quite dull, and Death Star aside Playsets don't sell well at this price point. But who knows, the potential for some much needed figure updates (Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, Lando etc.) is there, but really beyond the carbo chamber and the 'I am your father' fight scene, there isn't really much to put in a set - but we will see.

My main worry if all that is true is we will have three sets out there in the 500+ price point and that is setting a new ceiling for Lego which will allow them to increase all their prices below, and sets are already too expensive (thank god for Amazon and their regular 30% off).

Anyway, mostly bought from Amazon on the afore mentioned discounted price, just working my way through most of the Last Jedi sets. Despite early reviews being negative and so forth, i am finding i rather like them. The new AT-AT is great, i love the industrial, chunkier look and the head even manages to look menacing (far better than the last AT-AT to me). The speeder is a great set, lovely vehicle. Oddly the small shuttle was a fun build with good play features. The Island hut is nice, very detailed inside. Haven't build the Star Destroyer yet, but will get there...



Thanks for all the info and I've got the Island hut coming for my boy and I picked up the little set with a couple of Jawas and and sand person in it for the figs. I have the original Cloud City set and quite like it (did you hear that Mr Shifter :lol: ). It didn't come with any of the figs that were meant to be in there but had a cloud car thrown in and the set was complete and boxed for $100 so I was happy enough with it. I'm curious to see what the do with it if they do make a UCS version of it but you're right about the price point getting a bit to high for some of these sets, they become to out of my reach for what I want to pay.

Ian

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm
by Robstyley
Doubt if anyones' interested in these but they're up for grabs, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Hoth Attack and Droid Escape pod sets - £15 each + £3 postage or all three for £40 + £6 postage. Pm me if you want any. Cheers. EDIT: Shit me... put these on ebay as well and someone bought all three within about half an hour! SOLD

177.JPG


176.JPG


175.JPG

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm
by Mrleemur
Robstyley wrote:Doubt if anyones' interested in these but they're up for grabs, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Hoth Attack and Droid Escape pod sets - £15 each + £3 postage or all three for £40 + £6 postage. Pm me if you want any. Cheers. EDIT: Shit me... put these on ebay as well and someone bought all three within about half an hour! SOLD

177.JPG

176.JPG

175.JPG


at those prices I'd have had them if I'd have seen them in time!!

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm
by Mini99
Oh for f**ks sake, I would have taken these, just didn’t see them. :cry:
Congratulations on the sale.

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 am
by Robstyley
Sorry guys.. normally I would put things on the forum a few days b4 eBay but I didn’t think anyone would want them. Got too much stuff sitting around I’ve bought on a whim, can’t collect everything! Need to have a clear out :wink:

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm
by Mini99
Robstyley wrote:Sorry guys.. normally I would put things on the forum a few days b4 eBay but I didn’t think anyone would want them. Got too much stuff sitting around I’ve bought on a whim, can’t collect everything! Need to have a clear out :wink:

No problems Rob, sound like you need a biger house. :lol: I hate selling anything!

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 pm
by monkey_roo
Listed in the genres sales section but having to sell my big bad falcon and other bits.

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:11 pm
by monkey_roo
A few extra shorts of the falcon box :)

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:02 am
by monkey_roo
I will post in the general sales area as well but have these DC/Marvel Lego cover comics to offload as well. Just after cost for these (£7 per comic) but not willing to split up so all or nothing. But as always, open to offers.
Tar

Re: The LEGO Corner

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm
by Mr-shifter
Finally got the stand built for this bastard. All fixed up and on display.

A94C142A-3EC4-46B6-B292-86F6F6F07E91.jpeg